Kids ride

Announcements for group rides

Kids ride

Postby iamkickstand » May 17th, 2013, 3:44 pm

If any of you folks out there have kids under the age of 10 and would like to catch a ride with some other kids/parents let me know. We're riding with some kids of our own and possibly some friends kids at Treefarm tomorrow at Noon.
iamkickstand

Re: Kids ride

Postby bax » May 18th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Family had a good time today, thanks for inviting us out to Lakeshore - never been out there, very nice!
bax

Postby iamkickstand » May 18th, 2013, 6:52 pm

2 - 7 year olds.
1 - 11 year old.
1 - 8 year old.
3 wives/fiances
3 dudes.....

and who crashed the most? None of the kids. :mrgreen:

Had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.
iamkickstand

Postby vette-ss » May 20th, 2013, 8:58 am

If you do this again post up or send a pm. Spent the weekend out at Custer so missed the post. I've got a whole bunch of kids we are trying to get on the trails this summer.....aged 8, 10, 13, 14. Only the 14 year old has trail ridden (ILRA). The 13 year old daughter would probably pass. We also have two 15yr olds and....well....not too interested. But we have a bunch of bikes to spread around. I figured Novi would be a fun trail for them, although I'm not sure it would be a good "first" trail. But as long as the group can tolerate some hill walkers......
vette-ss

Postby jalopy jockey » May 22nd, 2013, 4:32 pm

Nice about two weeks ago I had a 6 year old on a tag along, an one 7 year old, one 8, one 9, one 10, 3 guys, and one wife. Granted that wife on a bike is far from a rare occurance.

My 6 year old and my 9 year old are regulars at Stony, and Bloomer. We need to get up to Addison. Not sure where else my eldest plans on racing this year. Maybe the farm and have them race the relay.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby iamkickstand » May 22nd, 2013, 4:36 pm

vette-ss wrote:If you do this again post up or send a pm. Spent the weekend out at Custer so missed the post. I've got a whole bunch of kids we are trying to get on the trails this summer.....aged 8, 10, 13, 14. Only the 14 year old has trail ridden (ILRA). The 13 year old daughter would probably pass. We also have two 15yr olds and....well....not too interested. But we have a bunch of bikes to spread around. I figured Novi would be a fun trail for them, although I'm not sure it would be a good "first" trail. But as long as the group can tolerate some hill walkers......

we had a few hill walkers, most of them were able to climb most of the hills on tree farm. We do the north loop and west loops out at holdridge a lot with the kids too. The north loop is a great first trail. the 10 miles at the farm gets a little long on the small legs, but they didn't take a single bypass.

I'll post up next we head out there.
iamkickstand

Postby Leroi Brown » May 23rd, 2013, 10:00 am

This is awesome! I have an 11-year-old step-daughter that needs some motivation to be more active.....riding with other kids may just be the answer!! Definitely post up for the next ride. :-)
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby i69whitey » May 23rd, 2013, 10:32 am

Leroi Brown wrote: Definitely post up for the next ride. :-)

Yep!
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby iamkickstand » May 29th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Anyone interested keep your eyes peeled, we may take the kids out for a ride this weekend (though we've got soccer both days). I'll be sure to bump this friday evening once we decide.
iamkickstand

Postby iamkickstand » May 30th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Looks like we'll be doing something around 5 Ish Saturday afternoon. Possibly maybury or tree farm for this interested. Or holdridge.
iamkickstand

Return to Ride Announcements