Action requested: Rouge Park - user survey

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

Action requested: Rouge Park - user survey

Postby chris_f » March 11th, 2013, 8:09 pm

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G7YNVHN

Please take a quick moment to fill out the Rouge Park Survey and hype up the Rouge Park Mountain Bike Trail (that the SCA and the Motor City Mountain Bike Association have been working on for the past few years). A very talented group of students and their professor from Lawrence Tech's design program have been doing a comprehensive asset mapping of the park and are putting together a grand vision for the future of the park. I visited their office recently and was blown away by the amount of resources and thought going into this master plan and feel like it will be a great road map for the future of the park. They have created this very short survey to help guide their process and very unfortunately, the survey doesn't explicitly ask about the mountain bike trail (though it does mention trails).

Please fill out the survey and sharing your thoughts about the trail and trail expansion.

The Rouge Park Mountain Bike Trail is one of its kind in Detroit, offering a peaceful, wooded respite from the sounds (and roads) of the city, as it falls just below the ridge line along the river. The trail is also proving to be a compelling force for creating outdoor recreation opportunities for local youth. The trail, if expanded, will also prove to be a regional asset, connecting other area green ways and bike trails. For more information about the trail: http://www.facebook.com/RougeParkMountainBikeTrail

Please support the trail and any other visions you have for the city's largest park (and one of the largest city parks in the country!)
chris_f

Re: Action requested: Rouge Park - user survey

Postby ssteinbe » March 12th, 2013, 11:06 am

Why isn't mountain biking even listed as one of the activities in the survey, since it is a park activity?
Unless a lot of us write this in, mountain biking might get very little priority.
Steve
Trail's Edge Cycling Team
http://www.trails-edge.com
ssteinbe

Postby Loren » March 12th, 2013, 11:53 am

Agree. Write it in - that's how it starts!
Loren

Postby c0nsumer » March 12th, 2013, 11:54 am

I tried to answer the survey honestly, saying that I'd never been there but am interested and that I have friends who go there. I quit when it failed weirdly and began asking me what time of day I go there.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Dirty Tires » March 12th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Survey fail on three different browsers.
~Nate

Bike Patrol:
http://mmba.org/programs/michigan-mountain-bike-patrol/

Face-slappers are the plants trying to give you a high five.
Dirty Tires

Postby dirt » March 12th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Worked fine for me.

and when it asked the questions about days and time of days you go, you can select nothing and continue.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby chris_f » March 17th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Thank you for taking the survey!

Sorry to hear about the technical problems, I'll let the Lawrence Tech team know.

Yes, I wish mountain biking had specifically been on their initial list. I believe the list was constructed generically early in their process.

Thanks again and please share the survey. The more voices the better opportunities to expand the trail.
chris_f

Postby c0nsumer » March 18th, 2013, 7:17 am

dirt wrote:Worked fine for me.

and when it asked the questions about days and time of days you go, you can select nothing and continue.

Thankfully when I went and visited it again it picked up where I left off. :D
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Di_bear » March 27th, 2013, 9:22 pm

chris_f wrote:Thank you for taking the survey!

Sorry to hear about the technical problems, I'll let the Lawrence Tech team know.

Yes, I wish mountain biking had specifically been on their initial list. I believe the list was constructed generically early in their process.

Thanks again and please share the survey. The more voices the better opportunities to expand the trail.

When does the survey end?
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
MCMBA Public Relations Coordinator
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Postby chris_f » April 8th, 2013, 1:07 pm

The problem seemed to be with Survey Monkey, and seems to be working OK since.

Di: Good question, I know the Lawrence Tech students have already gathered their preliminary results, but as long as the survey is open, more feedback can't hurt.

Just learned that the student will present their recommended Draft Master Plan:
Wednesday May 8 6:00 pm
Don Bosco Hall (formerly St. Suzanne), 9357 Westwood St., Detroit MI off Chicago just east of Evergreen.

(This is where the monthly Friends of Rouge Park meetings are. Enter from the parking lot, sign in at the front desk and they will direct you to the classroom.) I'll be there.
chris_f

Postby dirt » April 8th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Di_bear wrote:
chris_f wrote:Thank you for taking the survey!

When does the survey end?

After the last question. :mrgreen:
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Return to MCMBA