The Hick turns 10 !!

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

The Hick turns 10 !!

Postby Spinwheel » June 5th, 2012, 9:25 pm

How time flies.
If memory serves me correctly, it was 10 years ago (plus or minus a month or so) that the first MTB trail was cut under the direction of Todd Scott. Only about a mile was built during the summer of 2002, starting behind (north) of the cell tower and ending at the two track by the Red House. In 2003, after the revival of the Novi Treefarm (Lakeshore Park), the team there, together with many leaders from the Metro South and Metro North chapters, extended the trail to somewhere around the 4 mile mark.

Happy 10th to Hickory Glen Park in Commerce Township.
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Re: The Hick turns 10 !!

Postby galaxydean » June 6th, 2012, 6:56 am

Thanks Spinwheel. I ride the Hick a lot and lately I have bumped into a few new riders out there who are having trouble following the trail. I know this is pretty common on any trail. I think the trail itself is marked about as well as possible. The last 3 women I helped showed me the map of Hick which I have never really looked at. It is missing a few sections. Who is the TC? I have drawn my own "version" to have on hand out there. But I wondered how to get the map updated on the trail guide. Just trying to help. I love this trail because it is very different from the other area trails.
dean
galaxydean

Postby Loren » June 6th, 2012, 7:32 am

Happy Birthday Hick!

The primary TC is Justin, Apps on the MMBA board. I know updated maps and signs are on his things to do list. The trails on the official master plan are pretty accurate.

(I'd love to see the bridge put in and the new trail built in the north section as as a higher priority, but that's just my personal opinion.)
Loren

Postby galaxydean » June 6th, 2012, 8:21 am

New section, I'm in!
dean
galaxydean

Return to MCMBA