Novi Tree Farm parking

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

Novi Tree Farm parking

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » April 27th, 2012, 11:54 am

A while back there was a long and heated thread about cars parking at the bend of 12 1/2 mile road near the Novi Tree Farm Trail (aka Lakeshore Park), how the local residents didn't like it and the local police were going to be writing tickets to any offenders. So, I rode there the other night for the first time this spring, parked at a friends house nearby and entered the trail in this area. Saw a guy in a Subaru sitting there getting ready to ride and told him about this situation which caused him to look at me like I was crazy. It's your choice to take the chance I told him & rode off.

Get done riding, come out at the same area and there were like 7 cars parked there. Looked around and there are no signs posted, so obviously this isn't being enforced or it hasn't taken effect yet ? I was just wondering what the status is ? It's not my intention to throw gas on this fire, but just to inform riders to avoid getting tickets or making the local residents angry at us.
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Re: Novi Tree Farm parking

Postby Loren » April 27th, 2012, 12:11 pm

I don't know the whole story, but most of the no parking signs were removed by the city at some point over the winter. What remains are a couple 'no parking beyond this sign' signs near the gate, and no parking signs on the other side of the road.

Still, I wouldn't park in front of the gate just in case there's an emergency.
Loren

Re: Novi Tree Farm parking

Postby daffunda » May 23rd, 2012, 7:49 am

People can still park there, except,

NOT on the east side of Dixon rd.
NOT on the south side of 12.5mile rd.

AND only between the parking enforcement signs.

It all comes down to cheapskate thing rather than convenience thing. If people still want to be cheap, then park at the emagine theater across the street or something and ride in for a warm up. There is nothing wrong with that, (well maybe morally for not supporting the park, but I wont go there) but there is something wrong if people park illegally and cause inconvenience to the locals. It was really bad before the signs went up. It was literally a traffic jam with cars parked on both sides of the street, and finally the guy who lives on 12.5 mile filed a complaint. I live real close and often ride in, so if I see someone parked illegally I won't hesitate to call them out or call the cops.
~www.trails-edge.com~

DISCLAIMER: The posts I make or have made in the past are strictly MY OPINION, AKA my two cents, and NOT in ANY WAY opinions of the MMBA or its associates. It is recommended to take it for what it is worth, which is two cents.
daffunda

Return to MCMBA