East Loop impassable

For discussing CRAMBA-IMBA (formerly Metro North and Holly-Flint chapters) topics.

East Loop impassable

Postby joemel08 » May 15th, 2013, 11:50 am

Just an FYI the East loop is flooded in around the 10.5 mile marker and is super deep. The pond or lake has swelled and engulfed the trail. You could take the cutoff back to Hess road and ride down to the small trail further north that get you back on the trail around the 11.5 (est) mile marker, this way you only miss a mile or so of the full ride. A few trees are down in the last 3 miles that force you to dismount, but other than that in good shape.
joemel08

Re: East Loop impassable

Postby c0nsumer » May 15th, 2013, 11:54 am

East loop of... Holdridge?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Critter7r » May 15th, 2013, 4:42 pm

i would assume so, since he mentioned Hess Rd, which is the road you take to get to the trailhead of Holdridge. Although, it sounds as if he is riding the Meadow portion of the East Loop, and Ron has mentioned a few times in the Trail Conditions thread that it was flooded a few feet deep, and his last message about Orchard said that it shouldn't be ridden as of a week ago.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby joemel08 » May 15th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Sorry guys, yes Holdbridge. I was running it and it was a few feet deep as of Sunday.
joemel08

Return to CRAMBA-IMBA