Status of chapter?

Archived forum for old Holly/Flint business. As Holly/Flint and CRAMBA have merged, please visit the CRAMBA forum.

Status of chapter?

Postby turbotoad » May 20th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Ok I'm totally confused....I've been a "Holly" chapter member for many years and have been waiting for this whole IMBA Chapter switch thing to occur. Well it's now nearly June and I still have no idea where I belong in this whole fiasco. Acording to the IMBA sight I am in the CRAMBA chapter, yet my IMBA membership expire in 2003. My MMBA membership just expired May 5, 2012. I have not renewed anything yet as I have no idea what I am supposed to do or what "chapter" I should be aligning my self with. The "NEW" MMBA website does not even list Holly as a chapter anymore.......Is Holdridge Lakes, Seven Lakes, Wilderness Trail, Ruby, etc. going to just fall off the map as far as MMBA, errr ah IMBA is concerned. Again I'm really confused and would appreciate any help in understanding what I need to do stay aligned with the "Holly" trails.

Todd
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2004 Raleigh Inferno XC
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
1995 TREK Y33
TP
http://www.reverbnation.com/toddparkinson
turbotoad

Re: Status of chapter?

Postby Jim O » May 21st, 2012, 11:03 am

Well you found us in the Forum. There has been transitioning going on and stay tuned. Details to be revealed shortly.
Jim O

Postby turbotoad » May 21st, 2012, 3:15 pm

Yes within the forum itself "Holly" is still listed, but on the main page under the Imba Chapters there is nothing. I was just concerned that for some reason the Holly MMBA Chapter was being dissolved or divided up into other IMBA Chapters (but no "Holly" trails are listed under any of the other IMBA chapters). Please keep us informed.

Todd
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2004 Raleigh Inferno XC
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
1995 TREK Y33
TP
turbotoad

Postby dirt » July 30th, 2012, 8:22 am

Well, we have some updates to the Holly/Flint status.

After some discussion between Holly/Flint board members, CRAMBA board members, and IMBA, CRAMBA has agreed go forward with merging the Holly/Flint trails and membership into CRAMBA.

The contact list from the MMBA database for the H/F chapter has been submitted to IMBA for importing into the CRAMBA membership database. H/F already had a great crew of TCs at their trails, so they will continue to do their great work, and we'll continue to support them in their work. Our next chapter meeting will be on Oct 9th @ the Rochester Mills, and we invite the H/F members to join us.

As soon as the database integration is completed, we'll be sending out an email to everyone letting them know what has happened. One issue is that because this is adding new contacts to an existing IMBA chapter, and not a new chapter migration, the existing MMBA memberships will not be migrated. So, we'll be encouraging the former H/F members to renew with CRAMBA/IMBA as soon as the work is completed.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Like I said, once the data has been migrated, we'll be reaching out to the H/F membership directly and letting them know what has happened, and that they are now part of CRAMBA/IMBA.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby turbotoad » August 2nd, 2012, 11:01 am

Sometime around the beginning of June I went ahead and re-newed/joined IMBA as a CRAMBA chapter member. I kinda figured the MMBA Holly chapter would be merged with CRAMBA anyway. Just got my IMBA package in the mail last week.
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2004 Raleigh Inferno XC
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
1995 TREK Y33
TP
turbotoad

Postby Jim O » August 3rd, 2012, 10:04 am

That was the correct assumption. This merger is in process as agreed by all parties including the IMBA. An announcement is forthcoming when completed.
Jim O

Postby Jim O » October 7th, 2012, 2:09 pm

mmba6862 wrote:That was the correct assumption. This merger is in process as agreed by all parties including the IMBA. An announcement is forthcoming when completed.

The merger has been completed and Holly/Flint is now part of CRAMBA

Jim O
Jim O

Postby dirt » October 8th, 2012, 9:35 am

and as a quick reminder, CRAMBA is having a chapter meeting tomorrow night @ the Rochester Mills Brewery.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=113756
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby Di_bear » October 15th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Should we merge the two forums?
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Return to Holly/Flint