Volunteers Needed for May 8

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association (Formerly Mid-State) topics.

Volunteers Needed for May 8

Postby Di_bear » April 6th, 2010, 9:54 am

Two events are scheduled for May 8, and it is in the best interest of the Mid-State Chapter to participate in these events, but we want our volunteer efforts to be strong at each event. We need your help!

The Adrian Hare Racer is an event that Mid-State Chapter volunteers help with, every year. We need to find volunteers to help with this great race!

The Island Lake Bike Demo is an MMBA event organized by the Potowatomi Chapter. All participating chapters are selling food for the event and the profits will be equally divided among the participating chapters. This is a great opportunity to raise money for the Mid-State Chapter; however, we must have five volunteers in order to be considered a participating chapter.

If you are interested in helping with either of these events, please post in this thread or leave a message on our web site. Carpooling opportunities will most likely arise. Thank you! :-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Re: Volunteers Needed for May 8

Postby mdeyoung » April 6th, 2010, 6:06 pm

I will be attending the Demo Days at Island Lake. Four more people to go. This really is a good fund raiser for the chapter and a good way to get to talk with some of the other chapters to see what they are doing, not to mention a chance to ride some sweet bikes. One thing to consider, if you volunteer you will not have to stay the entire time, if you are only able to make it for an hour or two it is not a problem.

Mitch
mdeyoung

Postby Di_bear » April 6th, 2010, 8:13 pm

I'll be there, and as far as I know, Chris M. will be there. That's three. Jon said he'd make the pulled pork for us, but do the volunteers actually have to *be* at Island Lake?
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

Di_bear

Postby jake » April 6th, 2010, 8:55 pm

I will be at Heritage Park again helping with the Hare Racer. This is one of the best events each year; however our chapter never really seems to help out with it. There are so many kids that show up to race its just a blast watching them and helping them through the trails.
Use this code for 15% off your first purchase of Hammer nutrition products.
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/148136

Sponsored by: Wheels in Motion
http://prisoncityracing.blogspot.com/
jake

Postby jonw9 » April 24th, 2010, 3:38 pm

This is coming fast.

there is nobody that want to go to the Demo Day and ride new bikes? the more people we get to volunteer, the more time there will be for those individuals to try out new rides!

Pork is off the table, and the President is thinking sweets!

If you can;t get out to ILRA, come to Adrian, and help with the race there. get some riding in by doing laps with the kids, giving tips and keeping an eye on them. Another fun easy way to help the chapter, and get your miles in!
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby volklgirl » April 27th, 2010, 12:38 pm

I'd love to help out and demo, but I'll be in Colorado skiing the whole weekend, sorry. :D
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby Di_bear » April 27th, 2010, 7:18 pm

volklgirl wrote:I'd love to help out and demo, but I'll be in Colorado skiing the whole weekend, sorry. :D

Yeah, yeah, shut up. :-p Bragger. ;-)
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

Di_bear

Postby bockrona » April 29th, 2010, 8:52 am

I'll be volunteering at the Demo Day.
bockrona

Postby G.Cook » May 6th, 2010, 5:07 pm

You guys get enough volunteers ?
G.Cook

Postby jonw9 » May 6th, 2010, 6:37 pm

We could always use more volunteers at either event. Let me know which you are interested in helping at.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby G.Cook » May 6th, 2010, 7:30 pm

Bike Demo .
G.Cook

Postby jonw9 » May 6th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Sent you an email
jonw9

Postby jonw9 » May 7th, 2010, 10:19 am

Good news!

The Hare Racer has been postponed until the 15th due to weather.

This means that those of you that couldn't volunteer tomorrow due to Demo Day or Mother's Day can come out next week and help.

This is a kids based event, and it would be good to help nurture the next generation of MMBAers, so they can build our trails when we are too old to swing a Pulaski!

So please, come out, ride your bike, enjoy the weather, and help out your chapter.
jonw9

Return to MMMBA