Bucket List

This forum is dedicated to interesting stories about your last ride. Don't be surprised if our newsletters asks to publish your story in our new newsletter.

Bucket List

Postby Flyer 130 » January 20th, 2013, 10:40 am

Attempted to start my 33 trail Michigan Bucket list at Ella Sharpe Park in Jackson... Thats when the fun started approching the tunnel trail from the golf course the road was closed with sign stating park CLOSED due to Deer cull with FIREARMS!!!...in my infinite wisdom I proceeded to turn around and ride 12 miles on the Falling Water Trail...after some investigation the cull ended on Friday. I think I will wait a couple of more days just to be safe
Flyer 130

Re: Bucket List

Postby pharus » January 23rd, 2013, 10:29 am

33 trails sounds ambitious. Post a response here for each new trail you try out and tell us about it.
2004 Giant NRS-2
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

Postby vmax4power » March 16th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Matetsee trail in Redlodge Montana. Traveled approximately 6 miles heading into the back country until a local told me that a grizzly had killed a free ranging cow near the area that I was already in. Going back to Redlodge was mostly climbing but I think I did in a shorter time even though I was constantly look back wards.
Trek Madone 5.9
Trek Superfly 6
Fantom Cross
Co-Motion Tandem,
2014 Barry Roubaix, TDF cat5, MMM 100, Hanson Hills, Black Bear 100 Mi, X100, MMM 60 mi Gravel, Peak 2 Peak, Ore 2 Shore 48, Ali Feris, Chippewa Hills, Iceman (hopefully)
Pray for safe racing, Pray to finish, Pray to never finish last!
vmax4power

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » March 28th, 2013, 8:35 am

I managed to hit 28 different Michigan trails in 2012 and 2 in Oregon, so I think you can do it !
Don't know if I'll match that this year, but I'm gonna try :D
Bucket List long term, try to ride every trail in Michigan !
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Postby Flyer 130 » April 4th, 2013, 8:18 pm

First ride Fort Custer 99.9% good to go on the Red just a couple of snotty areas...not the first ride therebut there are a few new twists... if I remember 3 new mini log piles and one awsome new skinny at the end.
Flyer 130

Postby Flyer 130 » May 6th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Two more trail down...after moving to Eaton Rapids I ventured out to Bennett Park in Charlotte and Burchfield. Bennett is a fun trail lots of twisting and turning with some surpise uphills. Not a hard trail by any means but if you where to pick your speed up could become a perfect trail for bike handing. Think I missed about 2-3 miles on the trail but being new no big deal. Off to Burchfield. Parked in the River Bends parking lot and hopped on the bike. Trail is very great shape thanks to all of the hard work that has been done in the short amount of time by all of the trail workers (yes I will soon be coming out to help) REIDABLEl!!!! tevery trail should have a stunt creater like you the new stunt will be challenging for all (and FUN!!!) Like I said the whole advanced trail was in great shape...until you get into Swamp Thing and yes it is a SWAMP!!! rode most of it until it came close to the Beginner trail and had to backtrack to the rejoin at Dragonball and serenity back to the trailhead at 3:15. 3:15??? Feltbikes and Bikeworks were doing a demo day!!! Bonus riding!!! Felt Demo rider "please sign this waiver form", Me "ok" , Felt "what do you want to ride?", Me " Full-Suspension", Felt "How about this Edict Nine 1? " Me "big smile an yes it was priceless!!!" Felt set up the bike with what ever pedels you needed and sent us on the way!!! rode from the main park trail head to River Bends on the Advanced trail back to the Main park on the Beginner trail. This added up for a very fun and fulling day on the trail
Flyer 130

Postby jfactor! » May 7th, 2013, 7:22 am

Kind of off-topic, but the stone pillar things at the entrance to Bennett Park were built by my great-grandfather. :)
jfactor!

Postby bbender785 » May 15th, 2013, 8:43 am

i hope Merrell is on that list! i don't use the term "epic" lightly but i was extremely impressed when i rode it for the first time monday.
AIRBORNE Guardian
bbender785

Postby Sortaslow » May 18th, 2013, 12:30 am

jfactor! wrote:Kind of off-topic, but the stone pillar things at the entrance to Bennett Park were built by my great-grandfather. :)

Neat.
Sortaslow

Postby Flyer 130 » May 18th, 2013, 7:47 am

Merrell is on the list! couldn't make it out there last year lost some time after getting snipped (not a good time to ride).
J-your great-grandfather was a true craftsman most things built now wouldn't stand the test of time!
Flyer 130

Return to Tales from the Trail