River Bends: 03-Sep-2010

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

River Bends: 03-Sep-2010

Postby c0nsumer » September 1st, 2010, 8:16 am

Hey everyone... I know it's short notice, but on Friday, September 3, at 6pm we're going to have a small trail trimming / cleaning session out at River Bends.

We'll be trimming back overgrowth on some existing trail that's going to become Phase 2 of our work out there, cleaning up deadfall, and getting the existing segment sorted out so that work can begin on the new segment.

Work will last until roughly 8pm, as that's when it starts getting dark. Please bring typical had tools, including loppers, trimmers, hand saws, rakes, and whatever else you prefer for trimming back brush. Also be sure to have water and something to munch on, just in case.

We'll be meeting in the parking lot near the two-track trail head, which is a segment of gravel trail leading off the parking lot area with a routed sign next to it. Enter the lot off of 22 Mile, stay left, and the trail head will be to your left near the end of the parking lot.

Please check out this thread more info.

Thanks, everyone!
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Re: River Bends: 03-Sep-2010

Postby lv4_o2 » September 2nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

Rain or shine?
lv4_o2

Postby c0nsumer » September 2nd, 2010, 8:20 pm

lv4_o2 wrote:Rain or shine?

I'll be there regardless, and I don't mind working in rain. I understand that others aren't so fond of it, though.

I'm hoping to have at least one other person there to help since there's a log I'm wanting to remove that'll require two people.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby lv4_o2 » September 2nd, 2010, 8:56 pm

I'll be there, bringing my hedge trimmers & two hands.
lv4_o2

Postby c0nsumer » September 2nd, 2010, 9:03 pm

lv4_o2 wrote:I'll be there, bringing my hedge trimmers & two hands.

Yay, thanks. :D There's a fair bit of big brush that needs removing.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » September 3rd, 2010, 9:43 pm

Thanks to Lan, Shari (I hope I spelled that right), Pete, and Danielle we got the entire existing segment of Phase 2 thoroughly trimmed and with quality sight lines. If you'd like to ride it, it can be accessed from the two track.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby knick » September 4th, 2010, 9:31 am

Man am I ever soo upset that I missed this. I was planning on showing up but unfortunately some work stuff got in the way...

Sorry I missed it but am nonetheless looking forward to reaping the benifits of all your hardwork!
"People say you cant live without love, I think Oxygen is more important"
knick

Postby utabintarbo » September 4th, 2010, 10:07 am

knick wrote:Man am I ever soo upset that I missed this. I was planning on showing up but unfortunately some work stuff got in the way...

Sorry I missed it but am nonetheless looking forward to reaping the benifits of all your hardwork!

I'm sure there will be other opportunities to "balance the slate". :D
utabintarbo

Return to Volunteers Needed