Burchfield Park Trail Day, June 14, 19 (& 20?)

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Burchfield Park Trail Day, June 14, 19 (& 20?)

Postby jonw9 » June 1st, 2010, 7:50 pm

Please come out after work on the 14th and help layout and cut trail for the weekend trail work.

Then come back on the 19th and spend the day so we can try and finish things up.

Many of you already know that Jeff (TC) has already put in loads of time this year, but recently had a riding accident and will be out of commission for a month or two. No riding, no trail work. Trust me, he has already tried!

I believe we will be meeting at MacNamara Landing for both days, but will verify.

Check for updates here (for your facebook fans): http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 295&ref=mf

And the thread in the Mid-State forum: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=97684

Those that come out can still receive samples of DZnuts! ;)
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Re: Burchfield Park Trail Day, June 14, 19 (& 20?)

Postby jonw9 » June 5th, 2010, 11:45 am

It has come to my attention that the 20th is Father's day, so we will limit the work to the 19th. Hopefully people are still able to come out and help.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby spwrozek » June 6th, 2010, 8:00 pm

bah fathers day.... well I will only be able to make it on the 14th. But we should get three solid hours in.
spwrozek

Postby jonw9 » June 6th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Well, as Dauber pointer out, the fathers can all just choose to come out on trail day, it is their choice after all!
jonw9

Postby jonw9 » June 13th, 2010, 8:40 pm

Reminder bump!

Trail day tomorrow. 6 pm, come out and help us finish the expansion!
jonw9

Postby spwrozek » June 13th, 2010, 10:01 pm

Will be there unless it is lightening...
spwrozek

Postby jonw9 » June 14th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Got some work done tonight.

Saturday we should get the new section of trail finished. We will cut in the remainder, and clear the existing trail that hasn't been ridden in a while. This should re-open some trail next week.

Plus Reed (?) has been working on the connector in the middle. We have some Bobcat work but should have most of the re-routes done.

Later we can add more trail to further separate the beginner and advanced loops, but isn't necessary now.

We just need it to stop raining so the river-side trails dry out.

Oh yeah, when you come out Saturday, BRING YOUR OFF! The mosquitoes are terrible!
jonw9

Postby spwrozek » June 15th, 2010, 7:42 am

Oh yeah, when you come out Saturday, BRING YOUR OFF! The mosquitoes are terrible!

This is the truth. I thought we got some good work done yesterday. Good luck on Saturday.
spwrozek

Postby jonw9 » June 19th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Big thanks to G. cook and the Bill-dozer, who manned the Stihls today and did the lions share of the work.

We got Most of the Bob's Supremacy reroute done, but there is still a bit more to accomplish.
jonw9

Return to Volunteers Needed