Cannonsburg State Game Area: Trail Days

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Cannonsburg State Game Area: Trail Days

Postby killercarbon98 » April 27th, 2010, 8:17 am

Hello All!

Well Work Season is here and we will be finishing the Armoring in section 3 over the next week or two. That said I am asking (dont make be beg) for any help I can find. :)
So anyone who can assist please PM, email me or post comment. I have a load of Flag Stone (2 tons!) being delivered on Friday and plan on being out there all day, then working daily as I can fit it in. Will work around other schedules if you can assist. Good chance to learn a little about trail building, Ditch Witch'n, and shed a few of those left over winter LB's!

Best way to contact me is via Email @ chrisingrandrapids@yahoo.com.

A formal work day is scheduled for MAY 8th, 9 AM. Spread the word. FREE LUNCH! Meet at 3 mile Road Lot at end of section 3.

THANKS,

Chris
killercarbon98

Re: Cannonsburg State Game Area: Trail Days

Postby killercarbon98 » April 29th, 2010, 3:19 pm

2 of us will be starting out there at 11am tomorrow. 3 mile lot.
killercarbon98

Postby killercarbon98 » May 1st, 2010, 9:40 am

Step 1 completed Friday.

Delivered and staged 2 TONS of Flag Stone at work area. A BIG THANKS to out friends at STONE ZONE for generous deal.
Check them out for your personal projects and let them know you heard it hear. Website is: stonezoneco.com
Thanks to Mike F for helping.

Going back out this afternoon around 2 to start the design ,layout and placement.

Chris
killercarbon98

Postby killercarbon98 » May 31st, 2010, 10:38 am

NATIONAL TRAIL DAY!
Join us on Saturday June 5th at the ski area to cut in a small re-route intended to eliminate the last two sandy, rutted out downhills sections.
9am to 1pm. Bring gloves,water, boots and bug spray. Tools and lunch will be provided. Rain or shine.

I will lead a group to the Game Area for some Trail Trimming etc. It's getting thick out there!

Chris
killercarbon98

Return to Volunteers Needed