Volunteer 4/24/10 MMBA "Take a Kid/Adult Mtn Biking"

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Volunteer 4/24/10 MMBA "Take a Kid/Adult Mtn Biking"

Postby jsteinberg » April 16th, 2010, 1:39 pm

MMBA needs volunteers Sat., April 24th Lakeshore, 10 – 3 p.m. event time

Volunteers are needed anytime between 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. You do not need to volunteer for the whole time. I will take whatever hours you can spare.

Please join us in kicking off the 2010 Mountain Biking season by introducing the sport to a group of potential new users. The event is MMBA’s “Take a Kid/Adult Mountain Biking” Open House.

I need several riders to pair up and take small groups/families through the marked 5 – 6 miles of trail we are using for the event. This MUST be a positive experience, so be prepared to take breaks along the way. Remember, they may not be used to riding this long or hard. Offer positive tips on riding skills (shifting, logs, etc.) and trail etiquette – especially how to pass and be passed on the trail. Who mentored you when you started? (There is so much to learn)

I also need volunteers to help get waivers signed, grill lunch, and step in wherever there is a need.

Please send me a quick email at Steinbergbiker@gmail.com so I can get a solid volunteer count.

Thanks for helping out at this event! It should be a very rewarding day for all.
Jean
MMBP
Trail's Edge Cycling Team
jsteinberg

Re: Volunteer 4/24/10 MMBA "Take a Kid/Adult Mtn Biking"

Postby fsr1 » April 18th, 2010, 9:56 am

I'll be there to volunteer @ 9:30. Can come earlier if need be? Will bring along 2 Daughters and hopefully my Wife.
Mark Dombrowski
Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby froggyrider » April 24th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Thanks for everyone for coming out today. We had 100 folks- volunteers and riders, both kids and adults.

Thanks goes to:

American Cycle and Fitness
Becoming an Outdoors Woman
City of Novi
Costco
Cycletherapy
DL Graphics
D & D Bicycles and Hockey
Gordon Food Service
MMBA- Bike Patrol, MMBA Metro South Chapter/Board and members, MICA- Michigan Interscholastic Cycling Association and Jean Steinberg for coordinating the event
Michigan Youth Cycling
MS 150
REI
Michigan State Parks
Team Tree Farm
Ten Mile Media -Photos available at http://tenmilemedia.smugmug.com/
Trail's Edge Cyclery
Tour de Cure
VG's Spartan Stores

Check out the pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/MMBA.MetroS ... KidMtbing#

Also, thanks for Loren K. for hauling the trailer, and Andrea, Tina, Sherri and Wendy for grillin'.

Thanks to the many volunteers who came out to help.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby jsteinberg » April 28th, 2010, 7:08 am

I have a green TDM Health and Safety Day coffee mug that someone left at Lakeshore Saturday. I'd really like to get it back to its owner. Sound familiar? Help please.
Jean
MMBP
Trail's Edge Cycling Team
jsteinberg

Return to Volunteers Needed