Disney Volunteer Promotion

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Disney Volunteer Promotion

Postby Bernard Smith » December 17th, 2009, 11:55 am

My sister (in Florida) sent me this email yesterday. Maybe some of you all, could benifit from this?
bernie
In 2010, Disney wants to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service to a participating organization in their communities and celebrate their good works by giving each of them one day admission to a theme park at Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort, free. You can volunteer (after January 1, 2010. Opportunity locations include US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Must be 6+ and up to volunteer and up to 8 family members can sign up from the same household (requires 18+ to sign up children). Free tickets are good through December 15, 2010, with only a couple of block-out dates. Volunteer opportunities are through the HandsOn Network (“HON”), Points of Light Institute and their affiliates. See: http://www.handsonnetwork.org/disney for more info. If you don’t think you would use your ticket, you can donate it to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida or Southern California or Dreams Take Flight Canada.

See Terms & Conditions for more info:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... tions-FAQs

Ticket quantities are limited, so sign up quick!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... Disney-Day

You can click the “Get Email Updates” and you will be notified when sign-up opens. The interest categories are:

Animals & Environment, Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community, Education & Technology, Hunger & Homelessness, Seniors & Elder Care, and Family-Friendly. You could probably make it a family or friends or company volunteer event.

Feel free to pass on to friends and family.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Bernard Smith

Re: Disney Volunteer Promotion

Postby romeor » June 21st, 2010, 4:17 pm

Bernard Smith wrote:My sister (in Florida) sent me this email yesterday. Maybe some of you all, could benifit from this?
bernie
In 2010, Disney wants to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service to a participating organization in their communities and celebrate their good works by giving each of them one day admission to a theme park at Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort, free. You can volunteer (after January 1, 2010. Opportunity locations include US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Must be 6+ and up to volunteer and up to 8 family members can sign up from the same household (requires 18+ to sign up children). Free tickets are good through December 15, 2010, with only a couple of block-out dates. Volunteer opportunities are through the HandsOn Network (“HON”), Points of Light Institute and their affiliates. See: http://www.handsonnetwork.org/disney Orlando Tours for more info. If you don’t think you would use your ticket, you can donate it to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida or Southern California or Dreams Take Flight Canada.

This is excellent. I am definitely interested in helping out and donating my ticket. Thanks for posting.
Peace,
Romeo R.
romeor

Postby beemane » July 6th, 2010, 8:55 am

New registrations for this program have been closed for several months. They inspired a million volunteers in about 3 months. Incredible!

My family made fleece blankets for Project Linus.
Ellen
beemane

Postby J_Brown77 » July 19th, 2010, 10:46 pm

This is a great opportunity for everyone to volunteer, lend a helping hand and reap an undeniable gift in return. Hope it opens again soon!
J_Brown77

Return to Volunteers Needed