MMBP seminar potentially finalized and revised agenda

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

MMBP seminar potentially finalized and revised agenda

Postby bOOger » April 6th, 2005, 2:22 pm

OK
I think we are all set for the seminar this weekend. Here is how things will stand for the 2005 Michigan Mountian Bike Patrol Seminar

Location for both days: Addison Oaks Park concession building

Start time: 9 AM both days

Agenda:
Saturday: AM CPR, PM first aid. Those not needing first aid can split for a ride. Location TBD. The fa group can ride after.

Sunday: AM patroller basics. PM RIDE!!!!!!!!!

food to be provided both days.

The IMBA patrol coordinator will be on hand with NMBP merchandise and membership packets.

ALSO, a group ride is in the works for friday @ 6:30 at stoney.
"Insanity is repeating the same mistake over and over while expecting a different result." - A sane person
Ask me about the Michigan Mountain Bike Patrol
bOOger

Postby DaBbLe » April 6th, 2005, 8:17 pm

Awwl- right! Don't change it again. Anyone want to meet at CJ's restaurant for breakfast and then ride over to Addison through Bald Mt? If it rains or Bald mt is still too wet we can ride the dirt roads over there. Mt Grampian is always fun to ride this early in the season.
"Never waste a Downhill"
DaBbLe

Postby froggyrider » April 6th, 2005, 8:50 pm

So, please tell me if we NEED bikes for training or if they are for a post training ride only. My bike will be in the shop, so I need to know if I should bring another one to use for training only. Thanks.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby bOOger » April 7th, 2005, 2:03 am

yes please bring your bikes and be ready to ride both days. each ride will have different scenarios that you may encounter as a patroller, so be prepared!!!!
"Insanity is repeating the same mistake over and over while expecting a different result." - A sane person
bOOger

Postby SlowUphill » April 7th, 2005, 11:51 am

Bill,
Perhaps the "calendar link" should be updated as well. I would have went to PLRA if I didn't browse this index more. Not enough computer time lately.
Skip
"Riding is the catalyst to hidden gems one can only get to by the pedal and the penance of up"
SlowUphill

Postby wingzz » April 7th, 2005, 2:36 pm

I was going to call you today Skip but not I dont have to :wink:
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby SlowUphill » April 7th, 2005, 6:27 pm

Sorry Bill, but I noticed this report under trail conditions;

Posted 04/04/2005 by Tony_Misovski
Checked out Addison Oaks yesterday. It looked like a lot of the trail was muddy and what wasn't muddy was as soft as a sponge. I would avoid this trail for a while.

Wouldn't this also apply to the MMBP :?
"Riding is the catalyst to hidden gems one can only get to by the pedal and the penance of up"
SlowUphill

Postby wingzz » April 7th, 2005, 6:51 pm

if it's muddy we will hit the backroads instead
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby bOOger » April 7th, 2005, 8:52 pm

i agree with wingzz. we'll have to play it by the conditions at the time. Backroads are cool with me. i think making that decision would demnstrate a good level of responsibility.
bOOger

Return to Volunteers Needed