The western chapter MMBA needs volunteers for the Yankee Springs Time Trial coming up Sunday 4-17. I can?t believe it?s already coming up in less than 3 weeks! This is our big fund raiser for trail care out there, so lend a hand to help us out!
No experience necessary. Don't need to be a MMBA member, but you will get harassed if not
Yes - you can race and work, but I need to know before to plan your duties accordingly. As in the past ? if you work enough we can cover your race fee.
We need help with various positions:
- Registration (help in the am - 7:45am -noon?) ? need 5
- Parking control (7:30am-11?) ? need 1
- Start Line (need you there by 9:30 until last racers start - 1:30?) ? need 5
- Course Marshals (need you out on the trail 10am-3:00?) - any help
- Finish Line (need you there 10:15- 3:30?) ? 4 to 6 needed
- Kids race help (approx noon - for an hour?) ? Could use a couple more helpers
- Course "sweeper" (rides the trail after last starter to make sure all racers are off the trail) ? need one or 2
- Trail clean up (clean up of all course markings after racers are off course) ? need 2 or more
- Clean up of registration area (end of day) ? any help
Please contact me if you can help out or have any questions. For racer specific questions on the time trial itself - see www.tailwind.net I'm just the donkey behind the scenes organizing the volunteers.
Thanks, and think spring!!!
- John Haffenden
- Yankee Springs Trail Coordinator
- Michigan Mountain Biking Association ? Western Chapter