Novi Lakeshore Park Traildays - April 2 and 3

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Novi Lakeshore Park Traildays - April 2 and 3

Postby WallEyed » March 3rd, 2005, 9:18 am

It's almost Spring and that means it is time to start working on our trails. We are planning a big trailday weekend at Lakeshore Park in Novi on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday April 3. We are hoping to make this a fun trailday weekend and we're going to need lots of volunteers.

The biggest project is rerouting the devastated "lost loop" section so that we can form a continuous loop and take advantage of the new boy scout bridge (that has many of your names on it). We've got a great route flagged already that should make this section more fun than ever! Of course there is a lot of general maintainence to do as well. We have some mud pits, ruts and deburming to take care of.

On Saturday we plan on having a nice picnic after the work, followed by a group ride. On Sunday we'll try to finish up as much as we can, and plan on working as long as we can. We'll break for food at some point.

If you are planning on coming to the trail day, on either day, please send me a PM so I can add your name to the list. Anyone that can act as a crew chief please let me know if you'll be there (and on which day) so I can start putting together a project plan. Thanks!
WallEyed

Postby Sherpaboy » March 20th, 2005, 9:13 am

Bump
Trail's Edge Cyclery - We Are Bike Geeks!
Milford - 248.714.9355
Plymouth - 734.420.1200 (NEW LOCATION)
29er, Full suspension, Road, Cross, Family...and much more
Sherpaboy

Postby sumoe » March 20th, 2005, 11:34 am

I hope to be missing this one! Hoping to be in Chicago for Chicagoland Bike Festival. But, if not, I will show up.
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Postby K2Beast » March 21st, 2005, 12:03 pm

:? Do you have enough crew chiefs Dave :?: 8) Did you find the stump puller you were talking about :?:
:o Everybody sharpen those loppers :!:
:D SPRING IS HERE :!: :!: :!:
Adam aka K2Beast (FR/DH/XC) .__ :twisted:
GT Zaskar (rigid) - - - - - - - - - \ <
Azonic DS1 (SS/rigid) - - - - (( )) (( ))
Yeti AS-X (DH/Freeride) -------------
Surly 1x1 (SS/rigid)
Diamondback Drifter
K2Beast

Postby hockeydaddy » March 21st, 2005, 11:02 pm

K2Beast wrote::? Do you have enough crew chiefs Dave :?: 8) Did you find the stump puller you were talking about :?:
:o Everybody sharpen those loppers :!:
:D SPRING IS HERE :!: :!: :!:

SHALL I PREPARE THE SPECIAL CAMELBAK????
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby RideCannondale » March 22nd, 2005, 7:13 am

Hey guys, I would really like to come out and lend a hand... I have never done any trail maintenance before. Is this a learn-as-you-go day, or will I just be in the way?

I am moving from Belleville to like 5 mins away from the farm in the beginning of April! I cant wait! I would like to learn some basic trail maintenance as this will now be my main trail that I frequent! I am also totally geeked about being able to make the tuesday rides this year!

Come on...... SPRING!
Make me a bicycle... Clown...
RideCannondale

Postby WallEyed » March 22nd, 2005, 8:07 am

We can definitely use the help! The best way to learn (other than Dan Harrison's fantastic trail school! :D ) is to come out to a trail day and get your hands dirty! If you have loppers or a rake you might want to bring them. We break into smaller groups, and each group has a Crew Chief that will make sure that everyone knows what to do, stays safe and has fun.

We look forward to seeing you there! Shoot me an email or a PM to let me know which day(s) you can be there.

Thanks!

Dave
WallEyed

Postby Shanman » March 22nd, 2005, 8:59 am

RideCannondale,

Ifg you can do lawn work, you can cut trail, and the end result is a lot more fun than your yard.
Shanman

Postby hockeydaddy » March 22nd, 2005, 3:16 pm

Shanman wrote:RideCannondale,

Ifg you can do lawn work, you can cut trail, and the end result is a lot more fun than your yard.

Have you ever rode his yard???? What a BLAST!!!! :shock:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

hockeydaddy

Postby RideOrDieDAN » March 22nd, 2005, 3:50 pm

Since you guys are going to be fixing the trail next weekend I can put ruts in it this weekend right! :wink:

Hopefully I'll have a change in plans and make it out to the trail party at least one day next weekend. Oh yeah I'm one of the trail dictators too.
Team Fraser
RideOrDieDAN

Trail Day

Postby Washington Rider » March 22nd, 2005, 4:15 pm

So, what time does the work begin? End?
Washington Rider

Re: Trail Day

Postby hockeydaddy » March 22nd, 2005, 9:46 pm

tswelsh wrote:So, what time does the work begin? End?

9am...their time
9:30....hodaddy time :roll:
Mountain Biker

hockeydaddy

Postby RideCannondale » March 23rd, 2005, 8:43 am

I will be there on Saturday around 9ish. Dave, you have a PM...
RideCannondale

Postby WallEyed » March 23rd, 2005, 8:54 am

Sorry... I forgot to put the time in my first message! Joe is right... 9:00 on both days.

We'll primarily be working on the "lost loop" section at the back end of the 754 loop. For convenience, we'll be parking on the access road that was created for the reservoir basin. This access road is located off of 12 Mile road West of Novi Road. Coming from Novi Road, there will be a rough, gravel road just before (East of...) the railroad tracks that cross 12 Mile. Follow the gravel road back and find a place to park!
WallEyed

Postby RideCannondale » March 23rd, 2005, 6:20 pm

DAVE-

Change of schedule... I am going to have to work until 3:30 on that Saturday. I will definitely be making it out there on SUNDAY now around 9ish. If you guys think that you will be working out at the trail past 3:30, let me know and I may be able to lend a hand for a little while on that day as well...
RideCannondale

Next

Return to Volunteers Needed