Voluteer for the Mountain Bike Patrol?? Well.......

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: Voluteer for the Mountain Bike Patrol?? Well.......

Postby wingzz » March 7th, 2005, 5:21 am

sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

The 2005 MMBP Patrol Training Seminar will be held Saturday and Sunday April 9 &10 at Pontaic Lake Recreation Area from 9 AM to 5 PM both days. Lunch provided. Accomodations can be discussed if needed. The agenda for Saturday will be CPR and first aid with a ride follwing. Sunday will entail patrol protocols, trailside bike repair skills, personal interaction skills, and another ride. If interested please send a PM or email to patrol@mmba.org

PLRA is a pretty big area. I'll probably get lost without better directions. (as usual). :roll:

I bet we meet at the park headquarters????

ding ding, give the man a cookie, that is correct sir
just east of the main entrance there is a sign pointing to the gun range and park headquarters, turn in there (on the north side of the road) and stay to the right, you'll see the HQ on the left.

So, you go in off Williams Lake road, head toward the trailhead, but turn right sooner?

Signed,

Directionally Challenged Sue

Yes
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby sumoe » March 7th, 2005, 6:38 am

wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

The 2005 MMBP Patrol Training Seminar will be held Saturday and Sunday April 9 &10 at Pontaic Lake Recreation Area from 9 AM to 5 PM both days. Lunch provided. Accomodations can be discussed if needed. The agenda for Saturday will be CPR and first aid with a ride follwing. Sunday will entail patrol protocols, trailside bike repair skills, personal interaction skills, and another ride. If interested please send a PM or email to patrol@mmba.org

PLRA is a pretty big area. I'll probably get lost without better directions. (as usual). :roll:

just east of the main entrance there is a sign pointing to the gun range and park headquarters, turn in there (on the north side of the road) and stay to the right, you'll see the HQ on the left.

So, you go in off Williams Lake road, head toward the trailhead, but turn right sooner?

Signed,

Yes

Thank you and KK for the help.
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Postby DaBbLe » March 7th, 2005, 11:54 am

Just curious here? Whats the record for quotes within quotes within quotes, etc. I think I've got the messages memorized I've reread them so many times. I guess I'll see everyone at the training.....If I can remember where it's at. :lol: :lol:
"Never waste a Downhill"
DaBbLe

Postby Return of Crispy Creme » March 7th, 2005, 12:30 pm

DaBble
You trying to create a monster? We had several pages at one point that went on and on with quotes of quotes. I have a feeling it may resurface since you asked that.
"One minute, it's all fun and games, the next, you're blowing on a straw to signal your nurse." FrankenFuel 12/09/07
Return of Crispy Creme

Postby froggyrider » March 7th, 2005, 9:41 pm

bOOger wrote:K2, harvey, claudia and frank,

what medical training do you need? CPR first aid or both. i would suggest reneweing evenif your current certs don't expire until later in the year as this is likely the only "free" course you will find.

I haven't had any training since middle school health class. So, I guess I could use a refresher course! Yes, we got your e-mail.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 7th, 2005, 10:01 pm

sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome
“I'll give up cycling when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the handlebar.”

I Luv Climbing ___/\/\/\___

Connect with me on twitter or FB under same name
Knobby Kabushka

Postby sumoe » March 7th, 2005, 10:48 pm

Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

I'll see you there, then. I'll be the frazzled one arriving just about on time, or perhaps a bit late. Fashionably late, I might add.
sumoe

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 7th, 2005, 10:57 pm

sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

I'll see you there, then. I'll be the frazzled one arriving just about on time, or perhaps a bit late. Fashionably late, I might add.

Cool! I'm sure you'll be just fine and fashionably late is better then dumpy late. hey i wonder if we're to wear street clothes or bike apparel

Knobby Kabushka

Postby sumoe » March 7th, 2005, 10:59 pm

Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

Cool! I'm sure you'll be just fine and fashionably late is better then dumpy late. hey i wonder if we're to wear street clothes or bike apparel

I am wearing comfy clothing, as I don't expect to be riding afterward.
sumoe

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 7th, 2005, 11:07 pm

sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

well if the ride is optional then I be wearing my rodeo gear...

Knobby Kabushka

Postby sumoe » March 7th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

Rodeo gear? Don't those spurs hurt? And, just what are you doing with that lariat? Is that a new rescue maneuver?
sumoe

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 7th, 2005, 11:35 pm

sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

Rodeo gear? Don't those spurs hurt? And, just what are you doing with that lariat? Is that a new rescue maneuver?

Never know when something or someone just might need a good jolt to get it/them going and the rope to haul it/them home afterwards...

Knobby Kabushka

Postby wingzz » March 8th, 2005, 6:59 am

Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

Never know when something or someone just might need a good jolt to get it/them going and the rope to haul it/them home afterwards...

If you can bring riding clothes as we will be going out for a ride at least on sunday, we will be doing some mock incidents in the woods to simulate some situations you may run across
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby Return of Crispy Creme » March 8th, 2005, 1:21 pm

wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

If you can bring riding clothes as we will be going out for a ride at least on sunday, we will be doing some mock incidents in the woods to simulate some situations you may run across

Will we be practicing the "lost hot young scantily clad female"? I will make sure to be there if we do. :D
"One minute, it's all fun and games, the next, you're blowing on a straw to signal your nurse." FrankenFuel 12/09/07
Return of Crispy Creme

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 8th, 2005, 10:44 pm

wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

You are quite welcome

Well there gos the rodeo gear, and on with the MIGHTY MOUSE outfit... And sue since you will be wearing "comfy clothes" you can be the mock incident......

Knobby Kabushka

PreviousNext

Return to Volunteers Needed