Voluteer for the Mountain Bike Patrol?? Well.......

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: Voluteer for the Mountain Bike Patrol?? Well.......

Postby sumoe » March 8th, 2005, 10:50 pm

sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

The 2005 MMBP Patrol Training Seminar will be held Saturday and Sunday April 9 &10 at Pontaic Lake Recreation Area from 9 AM to 5 PM both days. Lunch provided. Accomodations can be discussed if needed. The agenda for Saturday will be CPR and first aid with a ride follwing. Sunday will entail patrol protocols, trailside bike repair skills, personal interaction skills, and another ride. If interested please send a PM or email to patrol@mmba.org

PLRA is a pretty big area. I'll probably get lost without better directions. (as usual). :roll:

I bet we meet at the park headquarters????

ding ding, give the man a cookie, that is correct sir
just east of the main entrance there is a sign pointing to the gun range and park headquarters, turn in there (on the north side of the road) and stay to the right, you'll see the HQ on the left.

So, you go in off Williams Lake road, head toward the trailhead, but turn right sooner?

Signed,

Directionally Challenged Sue

Yes

Thank you and KK for the help.

Errr...does the mock incident involve the lariat? :shock:
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 8th, 2005, 10:58 pm

sumoe wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

The 2005 MMBP Patrol Training Seminar will be held Saturday and Sunday April 9 &10 at Pontaic Lake Recreation Area from 9 AM to 5 PM both days. Lunch provided. Accomodations can be discussed if needed. The agenda for Saturday will be CPR and first aid with a ride follwing. Sunday will entail patrol protocols, trailside bike repair skills, personal interaction skills, and another ride. If interested please send a PM or email to patrol@mmba.org

PLRA is a pretty big area. I'll probably get lost without better directions. (as usual). :roll:

just east of the main entrance there is a sign pointing to the gun range and park headquarters, turn in there (on the north side of the road) and stay to the right, you'll see the HQ on the left.

So, you go in off Williams Lake road, head toward the trailhead, but turn right sooner?

Signed,

Yes

Now young lady, you wouldn't do anything that would make me have to use it, would you????
“I'll give up cycling when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the handlebar.”

I Luv Climbing ___/\/\/\___

Connect with me on twitter or FB under same name
Knobby Kabushka

Postby sumoe » March 8th, 2005, 11:23 pm

sumoe wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

As long as it's a mock lariat.... :twisted:
There is nothing wrong with the world that a bicycle cannot fix...
sumoe

Postby Knobby Kabushka » March 8th, 2005, 11:38 pm

sumoe wrote:
sumoe wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
sumoe wrote:
wingzz wrote:
Knobby Kabushka wrote:
sumoe wrote:
bOOger wrote:

Signed,

Yes

As long as it's a mock lariat.... :twisted:

Mock lariat but real spurs.........
“I'll give up cycling when they pry my cold, dead fingers from the handlebar.”

I Luv Climbing ___/\/\/\___

Connect with me on twitter or FB under same name
Knobby Kabushka

change of location

Postby bOOger » March 28th, 2005, 4:31 am

due to the overwhelming response that has come about, we have outgrown the facilities at PLRA. In order to effectively teach the seminar the classroom portion will now be held at the WATERFORD ACTIVITY CENTER!!!!. address forthcoming as i will be finalizing the details with oakland county parks this week.
"Insanity is repeating the same mistake over and over while expecting a different result." - A sane person
Ask me about the Michigan Mountain Bike Patrol
bOOger

Previous

Return to Volunteers Needed