Munson park trail raking Saturday 30 3:30pm

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Postby Alyssa » October 29th, 2004, 12:18 pm

®andyA wrote:
nathann wrote:I would love to help up but I will be up north seeing the woman.

But I do have a idea. I am a Group leader at my church for 7, and 8th grade, and we were looking for a group project that would help the comminety "sorry spelt wrong"

I think cleaning some trails and then maybe a ride might be a good idea. What do you all think?

Well, you could bring "the woman" down to the trail (seeing how she loves to pull weeds :P). That way you could also have your "kids" help out too. You'd be multitasking! Who says we computer/infrastructure people aren't efficient? :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I would think trail days would be a great way to have young kids involved in the sport. This is my first year being involved with the MMBA and I've been to 3 trail work days. I would like to think that trail work days would give the kids a good appreciation for nature and for the passion of the sport that most us share.

Something tells me that you mountain bikers are not too concerned about weeds :wink: How do you even know that anyways??? What else has he said about me? :?
Alyssa

Postby ®andyA » October 29th, 2004, 12:39 pm

Alyssa wrote:
®andyA wrote:

But I do have a idea. I am a Group leader at my church for 7, and 8th grade, and we were looking for a group project that would help the comminety "sorry spelt wrong"

I think cleaning some trails and then maybe a ride might be a good idea. What do you all think?

Well, you could bring "the woman" down to the trail (seeing how she loves to pull weeds :P). That way you could also have your "kids" help out too. You'd be multitasking! Who says we computer/infrastructure people aren't efficient? :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I would think trail days would be a great way to have young kids involved in the sport. This is my first year being involved with the MMBA and I've been to 3 trail work days. I would like to think that trail work days would give the kids a good appreciation for nature and for the passion of the sport that most us share.

Something tells me that you mountain bikers are not too concerned about weeds :wink: How do you even know that anyways??? What else has he said about me? :?

I seem to recall a post of yours stating that you couldn't make it to a Munson ride b/c you were too preoccupied with the weeds in yer yard. So don't be gettin' all sassy with me missy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

...And for the record, I am concerned about weed! Weed is bad! No one should be smoking that! :P :wink:
®andyA

Postby Alyssa » October 29th, 2004, 1:56 pm

®andyA wrote:
Alyssa wrote:
®andyA wrote:

I seem to recall a post of yours stating that you couldn't make it to a Munson ride b/c you were too preoccupied with the weeds in yer yard. So don't be gettin' all sassy with me missy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

...And for the record, I am concerned about weed! Weed is bad! No one should be smoking that! :P :wink:

Oops forgot about that. :lol:
Alyssa

Postby WishIcouldcatchmybreath » October 31st, 2004, 12:09 am

Scott,
PM me with a phone number/time where I can reach you. I wanted to talk to you after the trailday today, but by the time Randy and I exited the "back 40", you guys had apparently already packed it in.

BTW, Randy and I were able to help the boyscout and his dad (can't recall their names :? ) install the last of the signs, including that HUGE one at the parking lot. Hopefully the stiff wind off of the open field will not blow it over tonight.....I was thinking it should get some concrete to be truly secure?

Jon
WishIcouldcatchmybreath

Postby ®andyA » October 31st, 2004, 8:44 pm

WishIcouldcatchmybreath wrote:...but by the time Randy and I exited the "back 40", you guys had apparently already packed it in...

Scott... dude... why'd you bail on us man!?!? Wuss!! (just kiddin') :P

Some details on the back section for you: Jon had started from the front part of the back loop while April started from the back part. By the time I met her, it was time for her to leave, so I took over from where she left off. Jon had raked up to marker 0.6, while April & I combined got from the end back to marker 1.4.

There are a few trees down between markers 0.8 and 1.2, and 1 tree is a HUGE one that will need some serious equipment to remove.
®andyA

Postby WishIcouldcatchmybreath » October 31st, 2004, 8:49 pm

®andyA wrote:There are a few trees down between markers 0.8 and 1.2, and 1 tree is a HUGE one that will need some serious equipment to remove.

Yeah - wasn't that thing at least 3 feet in diameter?? :shock:
WishIcouldcatchmybreath

munson

Postby scott » October 31st, 2004, 9:28 pm

I want to thank everone for comming out.
I had to run I out fast, at about 5:45 to go get one of my sons. My wife was stuck and I had to go pick him up.
Boyscout troop 1654 of Riverview completed the whole front loop.
The Scout the showed up late is doing his eagle project and the signs are part of it.

I will check out the back loop on Monday morning and see what we have to do.
Anyone can get me at Jack's Bicycle in Monroe. (734)242-1400

I want to thank everone again for coming out and helping. This will make the trail useable all winter.
scott

Postby April » November 1st, 2004, 10:01 am

Awesome work guys!!!! It will certainly make our weekly rides a little faster and safer! We can now actualy see the trail. I moved a lot of small trees, that wind was vicious on Sat.
Keep us posted on future events Scott.

:)
"the race goes not always to the swift.... but to those who keep running"
April

Postby April » November 1st, 2004, 9:35 pm

Don Delagrange and a friend (they were the two Toledo guys in the white Ford Focus) also helped out by starting the back section from the starting point and got in about 1/2 mile and also cleared branches and small trees.
It was a great showing by the Tuesday night crew, we'll have a great fall/winter session now as well- now that we can see the trail!
"the race goes not always to the swift.... but to those who keep running"
April

Monroe

Postby scott » November 1st, 2004, 10:05 pm

I am going out to the trail in the morning to finish up. We have about six to eight tenths of a mile to finish, and one big tree to go around. I rode the trail this morning and the front trail is good to go. I will post when I get the back trail opened back up.
Scott
scott

Previous

Return to Volunteers Needed