Munson park trail raking Saturday 30 3:30pm

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Munson park trail raking Saturday 30 3:30pm

Postby scott » October 26th, 2004, 3:27 pm

I will be working with some scouts on Saturday afternoon doing some trail raking and putting in some new signs. I could use some help in the raking department.
Thanks Scott
scott

Postby WishIcouldcatchmybreath » October 27th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Scott,
I'm going to try to make it down to help out. I'd like to meet you; have been meening to get down to Munson again for quite a while. I can't promise though....we're doing some work for a potential new trail in Rouge Park in Detroit on Saturday - I just don't know when we'll wrap that up....
WishIcouldcatchmybreath

Postby April » October 28th, 2004, 6:44 am

I can come out earlier than 3- I have to leave by 4. Any particular place I should start?
"the race goes not always to the swift.... but to those who keep running"
April

Postby ®andyA » October 28th, 2004, 7:14 am

I'm pretty sure I can be there around 3. I have to leave somewhat early as well - around 5:30/6. Do you need us to bring anything else besides leaf rakes? I suppose I'll go ahead and bring my loppers just in case.
®andyA

Postby stumpjumperchick » October 28th, 2004, 7:20 am

April, I can go also....you want to pick me up?
stumpjumperchick

munson

Postby scott » October 28th, 2004, 8:14 am

I would like to work on the back trail first. The leves there are thicker than the front trail.
scott

Postby stumpjumperchick » October 28th, 2004, 8:55 am

Scott, let us know exactly where you want us to start. I am new, but would love to help out during the day for a bit. I am going to email a few of the riders that I know from the Munson trail. This would be my first time helping out on a trail.

Thanks!
stumpjumperchick

Postby nathann » October 28th, 2004, 9:21 am

I would love to help up but I will be up north seeing the woman.

But I do have a idea. I am a Group leader at my church for 7, and 8th grade, and we were looking for a group project that would help the comminety "sorry spelt wrong"

I think cleaning some trails and then maybe a ride might be a good idea. What do you all think?
nathann

Postby stumpjumperchick » October 28th, 2004, 9:24 am

that is a great idea Nathan!
stumpjumperchick

Postby ®andyA » October 28th, 2004, 9:42 am

nathann wrote:I would love to help up but I will be up north seeing the woman.

But I do have a idea. I am a Group leader at my church for 7, and 8th grade, and we were looking for a group project that would help the comminety "sorry spelt wrong"

I think cleaning some trails and then maybe a ride might be a good idea. What do you all think?

Well, you could bring "the woman" down to the trail (seeing how she loves to pull weeds :P). That way you could also have your "kids" help out too. You'd be multitasking! Who says we computer/infrastructure people aren't efficient? :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I would think trail days would be a great way to have young kids involved in the sport. This is my first year being involved with the MMBA and I've been to 3 trail work days. I would like to think that trail work days would give the kids a good appreciation for nature and for the passion of the sport that most us share.
®andyA

Postby nathann » October 28th, 2004, 10:27 am

Problem is this weekend will not work.

Randy I would but we have plans.

What trails do we think might need this

Sorry for stealing this post.
nathann

Postby ®andyA » October 28th, 2004, 10:45 am

nathann wrote:Problem is this weekend will not work.

Randy I would but we have plans.

What trails do we think might need this

Sorry for stealing this post.

Understandable.

Trail workdays are usually posted either in the calendar or on the Advocacy BB or both. It's best just to keep an eye out on those sources. Technically, you (as an individual) could just go to any trail and do some work. But if you do something as "big" as what you're thinking, always contact the trail coordinator to let them know you'd be doing it and get info from them on what can/needs to be done. Be aware that there are limitations to what you can do. Here's a link to a post which kind of summarizes the issue:

* http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=9456
®andyA

Postby Rod » October 28th, 2004, 11:48 am

newbie chick wrote:Scott, let us know exactly where you want us to start. I am new, but would love to help out during the day for a bit. I am going to email a few of the riders that I know from the Munson trail. This would be my first time helping out on a trail.

Thanks!

I would recommend starting at the end of the back trail and working in, especially if your going to get there early. That way folks coming at the normal time can just start at the beginning.

Rakes are about all you need. The trail underneath is all good, it's just a matter of getting the debris off the top. Here is the shop number to call Scott directly (A lot of times he's so busy at the shop, it's a while in-between checiking posts sometimes).

I, unfortunately, will be in Orlando, FL. My grandma had a stroke and things aren't looking good.

Rod
Rod

Postby April » October 28th, 2004, 3:13 pm

Rod, sorry to hear about your grandma...I hope things get better.

ok Jyll, how about I pick you up around 1:00-1:30ish, we can ride a loop too. I do need to get back by 5 though. I have to get dressed up for a halloween party....of course I am just going as a DownHiller though! Full gear and tights! (it's not a bike party so the costume works!)
"the race goes not always to the swift.... but to those who keep running"
April

Postby stumpjumperchick » October 29th, 2004, 6:04 am

April,

That sounds good, but the only problem is.........I have Church Service which starts at 5:30p.m. This is in Perrysburg off of 795 which is a haul. Lets touch base today. I want to ride too!
stumpjumperchick

Next

Return to Volunteers Needed