West Bloomfield area trail - October 9th & 10th

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

West Bloomfield area trail - October 9th & 10th

Postby Shanman » October 3rd, 2004, 2:27 pm

On Saturday and Sunday October 9th and 10th I will be helping Eagle Scout candidate Robert Lewis and the rest of his boy scout troop 1000 reclaim and reroute a section of trail for the West Bloomfield Parks and Rec. department. These are multi use trails that are open to bikes year round. We will be meeting behind the West Bloomfield Library off of Walnut Lake road (16 Mile) at 9:00am and end at 3:00pm. Lunch and drinks will be provided each day. Your help either day would be a great as we will be in need of experienced trail builders to help the boy scouts.

This is an opportunity for the MMBA to demonstrate its expertise and value to local municipalities, and to strengthen our developing relationship with the Boy Scouts who could serve and great source of volunteers and future leaders of our organization.

Robert must have a head count for his Eagle project; please email him if you will be able to volunteer lewisra@comcast.net.
Shanman

Postby El Diablo » October 19th, 2004, 8:40 am

Sorry I missed this one, I'd like to participate if you organize another and of course always looking for someone else to ride with in W. Bloomfield.

Brent
El Diablo

Postby Shanman » October 19th, 2004, 10:52 am

Brent,

Thanks for the offer. The project went very well and was completed on the following Monday.
Try the Tree Farm ride at the Lakeshore Park at Novi every Tuesday at 6:30
Shanman

Postby El Diablo » October 19th, 2004, 11:16 am

Can't do evening rides too often due to family obligations, but weekends are wide open. I guess that's what trainers are for.......

You can count on me being out every Sunday morning, but this weekend I'll be out at the Canonsburg Race.
El Diablo

Return to Volunteers Needed