Help support over 50 miles of new trails in Oakland Township

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Help support over 50 miles of new trails in Oakland Township

Postby foulkrj » August 5th, 2004, 8:14 pm

Oakland Township's draft Master Plan, which will soon be adopted, plans a network of trails that will connect parks, schools and neighborhoods. You will be able to ride from Bloomer to Stoney Creek to Addison Oaks, to Bald Mountain (both North and South units. Most of the trails will not follow roads but go cross-country, following planned greenways, wildlife corridors, streams and preserved forests. This is real. Oakland Township will have a vote on a millage on November 3rd to support the trails plan. A previous attempt at a trails millage failed by only 16 votes. I am forming a committee to support the millage and am interested in volunteers who will help by printing and distributing flyers and finding ways to get publicity. See the plan online at http://www.oaklandtownship.org/
Jim Foulkrod, Planning Commissioner - Oakland Township
foulkrj

Postby jpa2400 » August 5th, 2004, 8:25 pm

I wish we had 30-35 hour days, I been up since 4am and I am still working.

On top of it I been reading all day about all hard work MMBA members put in so we have the trails that we do, it's crazy!

We can sway enough votes to make it happen!

I will check the site out and see what I can come up with for time!!!!
jpa2400

A dream coming true

Postby Pauly » August 14th, 2004, 9:02 pm

I hate riding Lake George and with the proposed ped. entrance at addison it would make lots of riders safer . Addison has submitted a budget and I am in it. I have already mentioned/hinted that i'd like a brush hog to access some very weedy areas. So, hopefully we can win the majority vote, and connect polyanna to addison, to paint creek, that would rock.
Pauly
Pauly

Return to Volunteers Needed