Pontiac Lake race support; August 8th

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Pontiac Lake race support; August 8th

Postby Todd Scott » July 31st, 2004, 10:30 am

We are requesting volunteers to help with the race scheduled at PLRA on Sunday, August 8th, 2004. This is the first race at PLRA in nearly 5 years and it is important to the reputation of mountain biking at PLRA that this event is successful. This is our obligation as guardians of the trail and of the sport of mountain biking. Please support this responsibility and volunteer your help on race day. Please contact Robert Linden at Tailwinds using any of the below contact information which is also available via links from the Racing page on our MMBA website.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Dave Luczynski
Vice President, PLRA Chapter of the MMBA

Tailwind Enterprise
Mailing address P.O. Box 368
Davisburg, MI 48350
Phone (248) 634-6178
Email tailwind@tir.net
Web site http://www.tailwind.net
Todd Scott

Postby KLydesdale » August 1st, 2004, 8:16 am

When did it become the responsibility and obligation of MMBA members to support racing? Sorry, I must have missed that memo.
KLydesdale

Postby scat silvurz » August 1st, 2004, 8:47 am

oh, here we GO!!!!
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby dirt » August 1st, 2004, 8:53 am

KLydesdale wrote:When did it become the responsibility and obligation of MMBA members to support racing? Sorry, I must have missed that memo.

True.. It's not like the MMBA supports racing with a racing section on it's website, and it's own championship racing series called the CPS or anything. We have NO involvement in racing at all. :roll:
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby wingzz » August 1st, 2004, 8:57 am

KLydesdale wrote:When did it become the responsibility and obligation of MMBA members to support racing? Sorry, I must have missed that memo.

I don't think it reads as its our responsibility, I think it asks for volunteers to help out at the race like they do for every race.
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby Todd Scott » August 2nd, 2004, 7:46 am

No one should feel obligated. The Chapter is looking for volunteers because it receives money from the race. They're also planning to use the race promoter's equipment (Gator?) to repair many of the persistent lower-lying muddy areas along the trail.
Todd Scott

Postby KLydesdale » August 2nd, 2004, 12:39 pm

Todd Scott wrote:No one should feel obligated. The Chapter is looking for volunteers because it receives money from the race. They're also planning to use the race promoter's equipment (Gator?) to repair many of the persistent lower-lying muddy areas along the trail.

Okay Todd, now you DO have me feeling obligated - not with respect to racing but rather towards helping to clear up those incessant mud puddles. Is this trail repair going to occur Saturday before the race or sometime afterwards? I think trail work like this is what's most important to the reputation of MTB'ing at PLRA (whether or not it's related to a race there). Shouldn't the word be getting out about it as well?

Once again, thanks for a look at the bigger picture. With the change in leadership in the chapter and a seeming dearth of info on the website or via email, I've had a hard time keeping up with what's going on at PLRA this year.
KLydesdale

Return to Volunteers Needed