Help Build a New Section of Trail in Ann Arbor's MTB Park

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Help Build a New Section of Trail in Ann Arbor's MTB Park

Postby bill_m » July 27th, 2004, 6:34 pm

This Saturday 7/31 we will be having a workday at Olson (Formerly know as North East) park at 9:30 am. We will be building the new section of trail that will complete the loop around the West side of the park. We will also work on some intersections and a few other improvements to get the trail network closer to completion. If you have a shovel, a rake, or a weed whacker please bring them. We will also start planning the layout for some of the obstacles/stunts that will take advantge of the large boulders in on the southeast corner of the pond. If you want to be a part of how the park will take shape, you don't want to miss this workday!

More info on the park can be found here:

http://www.mmba.org/trails.php?trail=14

--
Bill Mayer
Potawatomi Chapter President
Join the Poto Chapter e-mail list: MMBA-Poto-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
bill_m

Postby scat silvurz » July 27th, 2004, 9:38 pm

If I am available, I will come out w/ my gear + weedwhacker!
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby bill_m » August 2nd, 2004, 2:29 pm

Thank you to the people who came out to help us build and re-open the sections of trail at the MTB park this past Saturday. The West side of the park is now a compete loop. Previously it was missing a connector, so it was a little hard to figure out a complete loop around the park. Now we have one!

Since the direction has changed on a couple sections of trail, please take a look at the revised trail map in the trail guide:

We also had someone with a GPS unit at the park Saturday, so we should have a "real" trail map in the near future.

I will work on adding some additional signs this week. Help us break in the new trails by going for a ride at the park!
Potawatomi Chapter President
Join the Poto Chapter e-mail list: MMBA-Poto-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
bill_m

Postby HappyHelmet » August 2nd, 2004, 2:34 pm

Rode it this morning after getting back in town. Wish I'd been able to help yesterday, but I WILL be helping to break it in. It's nice to get some of the old sections worked back in, and I like the new parts. Nice job everybody!
Eric
HappyHelmet

Return to Volunteers Needed