TRAIL DAY at ROLLING HILLS, Saturday, 4/20, 9 AM to 1 PM

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Postby michael48197 » April 15th, 2013, 2:28 pm

I'll be organizing a trail day for RHP enthusiasts to do a few projects and get the trail in prime shape for riding this spring including:

1. finishing the "middle" mound out by Munger. This work will require some more bench cutting and laying down a few larger logs to stabilize the climb up the mound. We will also clean up debris and maybe mow the entrance/exit areas.
2. fix up a couple of places in the tighest areas of the mounds. A few of the turn exits are too tight and are already starting to erode.
3. repair the "crater" along Bemis at 1.0 miles. Originally, the line followed the line along the ridge inside the crater. Now riders are sliding down the back side and causing erosion. I want to add a log/timber on the edge of this ridge to force riders to follow the ridge on the original line.
4. shore up the downhill run in the section before the Bluff and repair the erosion and avoid the tree !!
5. start work on the advanced "ridge" line along the top of the mounds out by Munger.

Let's plan to meet at 9 AM in the parking lot and then determine if we should split up the crew or not. Please bring lopers, shovels, McLeods, etc. if you have them. The weather at this point looks good - cool and partly cloudy. Let me know if you can attend.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Re: TRAIL DAY at ROLLING HILLS, Saturday, 4/20, 9 AM to 1 PM

Postby G.Cook » April 17th, 2013, 10:06 am

See you at 9 am
G.Cook

Re: TRAIL DAY at ROLLING HILLS, Saturday, 4/20, 9 AM to 1 PM

Postby michael48197 » April 19th, 2013, 8:22 am

Weather should clear overnight. The forecast is for windy and cool weather. Should be good for trail building. See you at 9 AM tomorrow at RHP.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Return to Volunteers Needed