River Bends Trail Day: October 28, 2012 @ 10am

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: River Bends Trail Day: October 28, 2012 @ 10am

Postby mr_opjones » October 29th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I didn't even get a chance to check out the new trail, that's one heck of a bench cut you did there

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby c0nsumer » October 29th, 2012, 1:41 pm

mr_opjones wrote:I didn't even get a chance to check out the new trail, that's one heck of a bench cut you did there

It took a lot more than expected to make it a smooth climb. While soft right now it should make for a smooth transition from the existing/old stub of single track that this segment will start with. The folks doing the bench cutting there spent quite a bit of time on it.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Mack » October 29th, 2012, 2:13 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
mr_opjones wrote:I didn't even get a chance to check out the new trail, that's one heck of a bench cut you did there

It took a lot more than expected to make it a smooth climb. While soft right now it should make for a smooth transition from the existing/old stub of single track that this segment will start with. The folks doing the bench cutting there spent quite a bit of time on it.

I think by doing it in the fall like we did, it will have all winter to settle and firm up.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby 2slo2endo » October 31st, 2012, 12:33 pm

Wow that looks awesome! I'll have to watch for your next trailday... in the middle of a bathroom remodel but it's getting close.. That looks bigger than the drop at CRPT for sure! which section of the trail does it parallel?
2slo2endo

Postby c0nsumer » October 31st, 2012, 12:35 pm

2slo2endo wrote:Wow that looks awesome! I'll have to watch for your next trailday... in the middle of a bathroom remodel but it's getting close.. That looks bigger than the drop at CRPT for sure! which section of the trail does it parallel?

You can see it here as the small sweeping piece of trail that is labeled Single Track (Expert).
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Previous

Return to Volunteers Needed