Cannon Township Mountain Bike Trail work day

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Cannon Township Mountain Bike Trail work day

Postby cramer » October 19th, 2012, 8:53 am

October 27th 9:00 AM meet in the Cannon Township Office parking lot at the trailhead - work until lunch time.

We will not have the WMMBA tool trailer so please bring tools. What we need are shovels, garden rakes, tree pruners and loppers. Be sure to put your name on your stuff to ensure you get it back when we're done.

We will be trimming the trail, building some berms to improve the flow on some downhills and adding a couple of technical features (depending on how many volunteers we get).

Merrell has agreed to sponsor the trail work event again this year - THANKS Merrell! They will be providing pizza lunch and drinks and they will also have some free giveaways and gift certificate to give to a lucky volunteer.

Weather: If it's a light rain or drizzle we'll still plan on working but if it's really raining we'll re-schedule. I will post the cancellation notice here if that happens.

If you were already planning on doing the trail day out at Macatawa the same day, please do that as I think building a new trail is more important than the improvements on this one.

If the weather is decent we might bring out some vintage two wheeled tractors to help with the work!

(yeah, that's me wearing bike shorts operating a rototiller, so what?)

cramer

Return to Volunteers Needed