Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sunday 6/10, 8 AM to Noon

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sunday 6/10, 8 AM to Noon

Postby michael48197 » June 8th, 2012, 9:57 am

There will be a trail work day at Rolling Hills on Sunday June 10. If you are available and interested in helping out, we will meet at 8 AM and work until Noon or so depending on the the weather and heat. We will trim up a some critical areas of the trail for an hour or so, but concentrate on continuing building the NW extension. With a good crew, we should be able to make a significant dent in finishing the first section as there are a lot of open areas which only require mowing.

Meet at the trailhead parking lot at 8 AM. Bring lopers, trimmers, sunscreen, bug juice and a strong back. I recommend wearing long pants, long sleeves (for bugs, branches and sun) and sturdy shoes. Tell the gate keeper that you are entering the park for MTB trail work and they should let you in free of charge.

Please let me know in advance if you are able to attend. If I get enough positive responses in advance, I'll provide some food and "refreshments". Look to this forum and/or the Poto Yahoo Group if a cancellation becomes necessary.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Re: Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sunday 6/10, 8 AM to Noon

Postby michael48197 » June 13th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I won't call it an official "trail day", but I plan to be out at RHP on Sat. 6/16 to continue with the new trail building. I'm planning to mow the second half of the new section to chew up the Goldenrod, etc. I also hope to get some work done on the next few hundred yards of trail which goes over some nice mounds and then on to the back gate. If anyone has the time, come out and join me from 8AM to Noon. Thanks.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Re: Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sunday 6/10, 8 AM to Noon

Postby parttime » June 14th, 2012, 6:30 pm

I won't be able to make this, I am planning to go to the chainsaw clinic at Maybury. If anything changes I will let you know.
parttime

Return to Volunteers Needed