Burchfield Park Memorial Weekend

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Burchfield Park Memorial Weekend

Postby mjpo » May 23rd, 2012, 11:19 pm

If any of you would like to help out with my Eagle project it will be On Saturday May 26 at 1:00 P.M. at McNamara landing. My project consists of building two boardwalks over a wet/muddy area on a mountain biking trail at Burchfield park.

If you are planning on helping you will need to fill out a Michigan Mountain Biking Association (MMBA) waiver form. I will have copies there on Saturday to fill out. You MUST have a parent sign this for you if you are under 18. Nobody will be allowed to work unless they sign this form.
As far as the work goes you can expect to be doing one of the following things: screwing 2x6 planks down onto framework made out of old telephone poles, digging trenches, and running wrenches or ratchets.

If you are coming the items to bring are: wear long pants to work in no shorts, a long sleeve shirt, shoes you don't mind getting dirty, safety glasses, gloves, water bottle (water will be provided), rain gear(if needed), dress for weather in layers. If you don't have any of the items mentioned above you can email me and I will see if I have any extras.
If you own a cordless screwdriver you can bring that, it would be greatly appreciated (the screws we will be using use a t20 bit, I have a couple extra bits).

There is a lot of poison ivy around where we will be working, if you have a bad reaction to poison ivy it is advised not to participate.
Eat lunch before you come.

Thank you in advance to any who help!

Caleb Mattson
Jeff- Burchfield TC

Before You Speak....Ask Yourself
...is it kind?
...it it true?
...is it necessary?
Does it improve upon the silence?
mjpo

Return to Volunteers Needed