RESCHEDULED TRAILDAY! Columbus County Park

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

RESCHEDULED TRAILDAY! Columbus County Park

Postby inasnit » May 15th, 2012, 10:36 am

After the big rainstorms caused us to cancel our originally scheduled trailday, we've rescheduled for this coming weekend.

What: CRAMBA Trail Day
When: Sunday, May 20 - 9:30 am
Where: Parking lot on Kronner Road, south of Crawford Rd, down the hill from the maintenance building -http://g.co/maps/wqq45

We HIGHLY recommend long sleeves and pants, also gloves. There are a lot of thorny bushes that need to be dealt with.

We have a couple hundred yards of trail to build, and some minor little projects elsewhere to complete the loop. Also, the Park has purchased a Ditch Witch to help with some of the bigger trail projects. They may have it out there on Sunday to help build and learn how these tools can help with trail building.

If possible, let us know if you plan on coming out - either send an email to info@cramba.org, comment on this MMBA.org forum thread, or comment on the Facebook post.

Hope to see you out!
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Re: RESCHEDULED TRAILDAY! Columbus County Park

Postby Jayers » May 18th, 2012, 8:56 am

I will be there. What tools do you need me to bring? I have a pretty wide range of yard implements of destruction.
Jayers

Re: RESCHEDULED TRAILDAY! Columbus County Park

Postby dirt » May 20th, 2012, 6:36 pm

7 volunteers showed up to put some muscle and sweat into our new trail system. We got the first segment of single track about 90% complete, and I'll be working out there to finish things up before the park completes their work on the wet spots on the double track. We'll have a 1 mile segment to start riding very soon. Once we get that done, we can work on expanding from there.

We'll keep everyone updated.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Return to Volunteers Needed