Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sat., 4/28, 9 AM to 1 PM

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sat., 4/28, 9 AM to 1 PM

Postby michael48197 » April 24th, 2012, 6:49 am

There will be a trail work day at Rolling Hills County Park in Ypsilanti Township this Saturday April 28th from 9 AM to 1 PM.

We will start the next section headed W towards Munger Road as the first part of the planned trail extension of ~1.2 miles in the NW section of the park. This first section should be about 400-500 yards long and will end up on the service road next to the back gate of RHP along Munger. So, when we reach this point, the section will be open for riding. I doubt that we can accomplish that much work in one trail day, but with a big crowd it's possible.

Plan to meet at the trailhead parking lot by 9 AM. Please bring lopers, pruners, hand saws and elbow grease. Please also confirm your attendence so I can plan the work day. If enough people confirm in advance, I'll arrange for some lunch and drinks. Wear long pants, long sleeves and bring something to drink and some bug juice just in case they are out already this year.

See you Saturday. Look for my car in the parking lot with the MMBA sign. The weather forecast at this point is for cool temperatures in the 40-50's and slight chance of rain. But watch this forum or the Poto Yahoo!Group mailing list in case of a weather cancellation.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Re: Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sat., 4/28, 9 AM to 1 PM

Postby parttime » April 27th, 2012, 7:21 am

I'll be there. :icon_thumleft:
parttime

Re: Rolling Hills Trail Day, Sat., 4/28, 9 AM to 1 PM

Postby mmrobertson69 » April 27th, 2012, 11:22 am

Have shovel will travel.
"Nice bruise. What did you hit, a tree?"

"No, the ground."