Trail Day Brighton Rec. DATE/TIME CHANGE

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Trail Day Brighton Rec. DATE/TIME CHANGE

Postby G.Cook » April 17th, 2012, 11:00 am

Yeah, I know short notice. Couldn't be helped , the work needs to be finished NOW.
The weather looks atrocious for Sat. so I'm going for SUNDAY 4/22/12, NEW TIME; 10am-2pm. Hey, it's Earth Day,come out and enjoy some earth...literally. :lol:
When: 4/22/12
Time: 10am-2pm or whenever you can get there to contribute BUT we will be done by 2pm.
The job: Bench cutting (we will show you how :wink: ) , raking , closing down old trail.
What to bring and expect: MCMBA says it best..... http://site.mcmba.org/index.php/get-inv ... l-work-faq
Tools: Shovels and METAL broom rakes (plastic rakes break). Pulaski , bring it. Your own McLeod , bring it.
Parking location; off Baur Rd., park along the road by the boardwalk. Go S. from Brighton Rd. or N. from Bishop Lk. Rd.
FYI; people drive nuts on Baur , be careful parking .
Last edited by G.Cook on April 18th, 2012, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
G.Cook

Re: Trail Day Brighton Rec. DATE/TIME CHANGE

Postby G.Cook » April 18th, 2012, 11:52 am

Big Bump.
G.Cook

Postby WishIcouldcatchmybreath » April 19th, 2012, 1:04 am

If I was in town, I would be there.....but I will be in Moab! :P I have been enjoying the new trail out on the Lost Loop, would have loved to help polish it.
WishIcouldcatchmybreath

Postby fsr1 » April 19th, 2012, 11:25 am

With this date change I may be able to come help out. I owe this trail!
Mark Dombrowski
Asst. Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby fsr1 » April 23rd, 2012, 1:11 pm

I thought I'd be able to help out, my Wife thought otherwise after our trail day the day previous. :(
Mark Dombrowski
Asst. Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby G.Cook » April 23rd, 2012, 1:29 pm

No problem. It got done. I'm thinking the new side slope section we did should be called "Roller Coaster" cause it looks and I'm sure seems like one when you ride down.
Jay Carnivale aka Busdriver and I decided to rent one of these to make the biggest cut out of the dig;

It worked GREAT! Shaved HOURS off the build time and fewer volunteers needed. We are sold on the idea for any large projects.
G.Cook

Postby lawndart » April 24th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Totally blew it. Please let me know if there is any other help needed out there.
lawndart

Postby BobThePeddler » April 25th, 2012, 3:12 pm

I'm new to the forum (this is my first post!!!) and I spend a lot of time on the Murry lk. trail. How's the new section coming? I noticed the new trail where it merges back into the existing Lost Loop last week, but I had no idea what was going on. I'll keep my eyes on this post to see if I can come lend a hand next time you guys are out there. A sincere thank you to those who have already put in time on the new section, I hope I can help in the near future.
BobThePeddler

Return to Volunteers Needed