Communications Help

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Communications Help

Postby Di_bear » March 31st, 2012, 10:19 am

I'm looking for an assistant or two to help out with compiling info for MMBA communications.

Event Calendar

One of the things I have in mind is collecting the information for upcoming events so I can easily post a calendar on the website and do a more thorough job promoting these events. Info needed for events:
  • Name, date, location
  • Event web address, Facebook page, and or Twitter page
  • Promotional write-up from a chapter or event representative or trail coordinator
You have to be able to meet deadlines; and sometimes these deadlines are within days depending on how good the chapters are about getting information out there.

Newsletter Help

I need to find someone who can be the point person for collecting newsletter articles from the chapters. The plan is to have two types of newsletters--one for promoting our cause to people such as legislators--straight-up advocacy. Articles include the event write-ups mentioned above, short articles or blurbs about trail work, plans, etc., including pictures (must have permission from the photographer to use the photo). This newsletter information is due to you by the 20th of each month. It will be compiled into ONE file, such as a Word document, or even just an email, and sent to me by the 22nd of each month.

Summary

In short, I'm looking for one or two people to compile information for me so I can be free to take care of other responsibilities.

Private message me or email communications@mmba.org if interested.
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Re: Communications Help

Postby Di_bear » April 26th, 2012, 9:34 am

Big time bump.

I'm out in October. Yes, the board knows that. We need someone to step up and take over communications, and now is the best time since you have me here to help you. The MMBA is going through a transitional stage and you can help shape it.

Interested? Let me know. Good writing skills are a definite plus. Reliability is a must.

NOTE: this *does* count as work experience, so if you're looking to develop your skills or just to get some work history, this counts. A volunteer job *counts*.
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Return to Volunteers Needed