High Country Pathway Spring work days

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: High Country Pathway Spring work days

Postby G.Cook » March 21st, 2012, 12:53 pm

or just bring Mom along for a day out in the woods. :P
G.Cook

Postby feldpaj » March 26th, 2012, 10:11 am

i think may 26th is memorial day weekend. That weekend doesnt work for me.
My current schedule allows for the Saturday May 12th spring trail day.
I think that April 14th would work for me, but i have to check with the other half.
to do: bike-eat-brew beer-drink beer-board-hunt-sleep-work-
feldpaj

Postby Nelg » April 2nd, 2012, 9:46 am

Hey everyone,

We are sticking with the original dates and a couple of us will be going out this Saturday the 7th for a first pass to get an idea of what we are dealing with this year.

Please let me know what date you plan on attending if you can make it.

Thanks!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby G.Cook » April 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm

So far I will be up for both dates.
G.Cook

Postby ROLLERBOYONE » April 5th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Any room for one more on the trail work day ? what time and where at exactly? Its been a while but I need to ride again !!
ROLLERBOYONE

Postby Nelg » April 5th, 2012, 8:50 pm

ROLLERBOYONE wrote:Any room for one more on the trail work day ? what time and where at exactly? Its been a while but I need to ride again !!

If you are game for helping this Saturday, we are meeting at 9:00 at the pigeon bridge campground off sturgeon valley road. We would love the help if you can make it.

Thanks!
NMMBA Past President
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby ROLLERBOYONE » April 9th, 2012, 6:46 pm

update please !! how scary was the trail ? I plan on being there on the next day...thanks !!
ROLLERBOYONE

Postby MudShine » April 12th, 2012, 10:59 pm

ROLLERBOYONE wrote:update please !! how scary was the trail ? I plan on being there on the next day...thanks !!

Last weekend 5 of us cleared the Shingle Mill and about 2 miles going out the HCP both clockwise and counter off the Shingle Mill loop. It took 2 groups about 5 hours of time and a couple tanks of gas. It definitely wasn't as bad as anticipated or as bad as past couple of years. This may be due to us getting out there each year on a more regular and thorough basis, mild winter, or the fact that early spring saw potentially more users clearing trail debris before we made it out. Perhaps a combination of the three. Traverse City area trails have been far more challenging this spring due to that last heavy snowfall.

But, don't worry, expecting MORE than enough work for the upcoming trail days! Clearing trail is quickly becoming a favorite second sport of mine and a killer workout. Who doesn't like to feel the gentle knocking of a chainsaw against their bike helmet while riding an incredibly scenic trail?! :mrgreen: Very rewarding work indeed. Hope to see some new faces at both the trail days and June ride!

Ali
Don't look back, something may be gaining on you.
Northern MMBA cat wrangler & secretary
MudShine

Postby MudShine » April 24th, 2012, 3:48 pm

REMINDER: Pigeon River/High Country Pathway work day is THIS Saturday, April 28th starting at 9 a.m. Please post up if you plan on joining us. Camping will either be at Pickerel Lake Campground or the Staff bunkhouse - both on the west side of the HCP closest to Vanderbilt. We will pass along exact camping plan soon. Potential plumbing issues at the bunkhouse are unknown - keep your fingers crossed! It's a great place!

Thank you to those who already confirmed! Questions? Please ask!
:D
Ali
MudShine

Postby Nelg » April 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm

The staff house it is!

The staff house is located just north of the park headquarters @ 9966 Twin Lakes Rd, Vanderbilt, MI 49795. We will be arriving at 7:00 PM Friday the 27th for those that are traveling and need to overnight.

Just bring your sleeping bags and and air mattress, no tents needed for this trip! :)

Drop a note here or a PM if you have questions or plan on making it.

Thanks!
NMMBA Past President
Nelg

Postby MudShine » April 25th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Yay! Huge stone fireplace and big timber bunkroom. Can't wait. It'll be like a little vacation on the high bank of the Pigeon with some satisfying trailwork thrown in! :-) Ali
MudShine

Postby feldpaj » April 26th, 2012, 8:42 am

Wish i could make it... Plan is to come up for the 5/12/12 trailday/weekend. Trying to get some other locals to come up as well.
feldpaj

Postby Nelg » May 7th, 2012, 7:13 am

The next trail day weekend is upon us! We'll be camping at Clear Lake of M33 at the group camp Friday night and rolling out at 9:00 AM Saturday to cover the east side of the trail. If you can make it, we'll cover your camping, feed you and give you an opportunity to experience a few miles of trail in a totally different way.

Sound off if you can make it and we are looking forward to seeing you there this weekend!
NMMBA Past President
Nelg

Postby G.Cook » May 7th, 2012, 7:36 am

See you guys late Fri. pm.
G.Cook

Postby feldpaj » May 7th, 2012, 9:01 am

i will be there sometime friday night. hope to ride a trail on the way up, nct, big m, owwassipi,.
So far i have not convinced any locals to come up with me.
feldpaj

PreviousNext

Return to Volunteers Needed