Aug 13-14 Cherry-Roubaix

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Aug 13-14 Cherry-Roubaix

Postby KJDittmar » July 26th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Fellow Mountain Bike enthusiasts -

I'm the awards director for the Cherry-Roubaix races that take place near Traverse City. This year we have the distinct honor of also being the MBRA Road Race Championship - it's a USA Cycling event. We're so excited to show off our town to the state's best racers and their families/friends/groupies.

That said, as you all know, big races need lots of hands. If you're near Traverse City or will be visiting the area that weekend, consider giving us a few hours of your time. Friday night sprints in downtown TC as part of our Friday Night Live celebration; Saturday afternoon Criterium, also in downtown TC; and Sunday the big road race in Cedar (about 15 miles to the west of TC in the heart of beautiful Leelanau County).

Attending this year, again, will be our panel of celebrity bike race announcers - Joe Lekovish, Frankie Andreau (just back from that little race in France) and Tony Bruley.

Please consider joining us in the FUN! Visit www.cherry-roubaix.com and click on VOLUNTEER. We're using the free site volunteerspot.com - just make sure to uncheck the box about them spamming you (sorry...guess they have to pay for it somehow).

Kim Dittmar, MMBA Treasurer; Cherry-Roubaix awards director; ICEMAN awards director
KJDittmar

Re: Aug 13-14 Cherry-Roubaix

Postby Di_bear » July 26th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Can I put my name on the list to help the celebrity announcers for next year? ;-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Return to Volunteers Needed