River Bends Trail Day: 16-Jul-2011 @ 10am

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: River Bends Trail Day: 16-Jul-2011 @ 10am

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2011, 11:04 am

jalopy jockey wrote:Steve is there a plan to get the chapter trailer or do we need it? Or is that the 2 line trimmers? :idea: I'd have to figure out some logistics since Bridges is riding with Utabintarbo in the morning and I'd need her truck to bring it.....

I'm going to try to make it there with my pint sized clean-up crew.

Nope, no plans to bring it as I both don't think it's needed and it'd be logistically difficult this weekend. I've got three leaf rakes, a garden rake, two line trimmers, loppers, and spare line from the trailer.

If you don't mind, please bring along the tools you and your kids are familiar with using. The plan is for this day is trail trimming. Please also know that due to the layout of the park there's a good bit of walking that will be involved. If you look at the map here, we'll be working mostly on the Seasonal Loops and the northbound section of regular single track in the most southeastern part of the park.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby utabintarbo » July 15th, 2011, 11:35 am

c0nsumer wrote:If you don't mind, please bring along the tools you and your kids are familiar with using. The plan is for this day is trail trimming. Please also know that due to the layout of the park there's a good bit of walking that will be involved. If you look at the map here, we'll be working mostly on the Seasonal Loops and the northbound section of regular single track in the most southeastern part of the park.

Any alternative ingress routes (say, from the slaughterhouse area) for those less inclined to walking?
utabintarbo

Postby jalopy jockey » July 15th, 2011, 11:40 am

c0nsumer wrote:
jalopy jockey wrote:Steve is there a plan to get the chapter trailer or do we need it? Or is that the 2 line trimmers? :idea: I'd have to figure out some logistics since Bridges is riding with Utabintarbo in the morning and I'd need her truck to bring it.....

Nope, no plans to bring it as I both don't think it's needed and it'd be logistically difficult this weekend. I've got three leaf rakes, a garden rake, two line trimmers, loppers, and spare line from the trailer.

If you don't mind, please bring along the tools you and your kids are familiar with using. The plan is for this day is trail trimming. Please also know that due to the layout of the park there's a good bit of walking that will be involved. If you look at the map here, we'll be working mostly on the Seasonal Loops and the northbound section of regular single track in the most southeastern part of the park.

So you got what you thought was neccesary from the trailer. I'll bring my line trimmer and snips for me and rakes for the boys. Oh and spare gas in gatoraide bottles
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2011, 11:45 am

jalopy jockey wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:

So you got what you thought was neccesary from the trailer. I'll bring my line trimmer and snips for me and rakes for the boys. Oh and spare gas in gatoraide bottles

Nope, I got what I think is necessary. ;)

But thanks! That sounds good. I'll have maps tomorrow showing the areas where work is needed if we want to split off into crews.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm

I just rode the Seasonal Loops to see what needs trimming, and I think we should be in good shape tomorrow. There's a lot of line trimming and raking to do, a couple smaller pieces of deadfall, and that's about it. As a reminder, wear long pants, possibly long sleeves, and bring bug spray. I pickedup two ticks today, there's a fair number of mosquitos and flies out there, and with the line trimming we'll have lots of fresh-cut plant matter we'll be walking through.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jer091 » July 15th, 2011, 8:20 pm

will we be addressing the drainage pipe on the seasonal loop tomorrow or is that for another day? :?:
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2011, 9:10 pm

jer091 wrote:will we be addressing the drainage pipe on the seasonal loop tomorrow or is that for another day? :?:

Another day. That'll likely take a bridge, but any bridge will require a lot of thought as it's likely to wash away.

That said, when down there this evening I found that the drainage pipe is dry and ridable. I think if we trim nicely along the left side of the path (when going in the proper direction) there will be a nicely ridable line until the next high water event.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » July 16th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Thanks to Scott, Aaron, Jeremy, and Mark we got a whole bunch done today. Almost all of the Seasonal Loops have been trimmed and save for a couple downed trees (to be removed by the park) it's all passable and pleasant to ride. Update to the trail conditions thread here.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Previous

Return to Volunteers Needed