River Bends Trail Day: 16-Jul-2011 @ 10am

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Postby c0nsumer » July 9th, 2011, 8:29 am

Please join us on Saturday, 16-Jul-2011 at 10am in River Bends' parking lot near the trailhead (Map / Google Maps) for a trail day! On this day I'd like us to trim back overgrowth on the seasonal loops and get them ready to ride, along with trimming back some of the sunnier areas near the end of the regular loop.

I will have a number of the chapter's tools (line trimmers, rakes, etc) but if you prefer certain hand tools of your own, please bring them along.

Be sure to bring:
- Appropriate clothing for working in the wooded and grassy areas where Poison Ivy is occasionally found (boots, long pants, etc).
- Something to keep you hydrated (water, sports drink, etc).
- Something to munch on if needed.
- Bug spray. There's a lot of mosquitos out there.

PM me or email c0nsumer@nuxx.net if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone!
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Re: River Bends Trail Day: 16-Jul-2011 @ 10am

Postby jer091 » July 9th, 2011, 9:55 am

Calendar marked :) .
jer091

Postby RMXByker » July 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Would love to Steve but I think the wife would be *beep* if I ran out for 4 hours in the morning on my B-Day. I'm sure she hasn't something up her sleeve with the way she's been giddy around...
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2006 Bianchi M.U.S.S. (MTN Single Speed)
2007 26" Specialized Epic Marathon (Geared full squish)
2011 Salsa Vaya (Do all bike)
RMXByker

Postby classrc » July 10th, 2011, 8:26 pm

I'm gonna try to make it. Negotiating with the wife...
2012 Ventana El Comandante Ultimate SS
2012 Pugsley Necromancer
I've hurt myself way worse on the road than I ever have on the trails... Nevermind, I stand corrected...
classrc

Postby c0nsumer » July 10th, 2011, 8:53 pm

RMXByker wrote:Would love to Steve but I think the wife would be *beep* if I ran out for 4 hours in the morning on my B-Day. I'm sure she hasn't something up her sleeve with the way she's been giddy around...

But it's your birthday. ;)

I kid.

Happy early birthday!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby RMXByker » July 10th, 2011, 8:54 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
RMXByker wrote:Would love to Steve but I think the wife would be *beep* if I ran out for 4 hours in the morning on my B-Day. I'm sure she hasn't something up her sleeve with the way she's been giddy around...

But it's your birthday. ;)

I kid.

Happy early birthday!

Thanks man...maybe just maybe I can sneak out a ride in the wee hours of the morning though...haha...

Stable
RMXByker

Postby utabintarbo » July 10th, 2011, 9:12 pm

RMXByker wrote:Thanks man...maybe just maybe I can sneak out a ride in the wee hours of the morning though...haha...

Yeah, it's not every day a boy turns 15. You deserve a ride!

:wink: :lol:
utabintarbo

Postby Pro@Crashlanding » July 11th, 2011, 11:54 pm

@ utabintaro this is the kid you helped fix the pinched tube at stony about a week ago. Said i needed to "upgrade my technology" anywho i plan on heading down that way for the weekend and I would like to help everyone out as a way of thanks for helping me out. Thing is seeing as I am coming from Port Huron directions or river bends address would be ideal so i could figure out how to get there to help out.

So that'd be awesome!!

THanks,
Chris
Doesn't matter if you're a downhiller, bmx, freerider, recumbent or road racer..We all ride along
Pro@Crashlanding

Postby RMXByker » July 12th, 2011, 6:33 am

Stable
RMXByker

Postby Roy » July 12th, 2011, 6:34 am

Mr. Crash,
There is no easy to get from 94 to Shelby. The park is located north west of Utica, on 22 mile road.
Fast route: 94 to west onM59, to north on M53 to 23 mile, west on 23 to south on Van Dyke, turn right (west) on 22 mile, cross Shelby hit the railroad tracks and look left and your are there.
Simplest route: 94 to 23 mile, west on 23 to Shelby, South on Shelby to 22 mile, turn right on 22, hit the RR tracks and look south (left)
Note: 32 mile to Van Dyke will work. M23 is just past the shopping center. Don't hit the RR tracks to fast, you might live up to your handle.

Roy
Roy

Postby canuck7783 » July 14th, 2011, 9:20 pm

I'm thinking about coming out and helping. Am i able to bring a gas powered weed trimmer? I rode the trail tuesday and the grass was out of control. It was my first time on the trail, so i'm hoping i can learn the trail so i dont get lost this time.

Aaron.
canuck7783

Postby c0nsumer » July 14th, 2011, 11:28 pm

canuck7783 wrote:I'm thinking about coming out and helping. Am i able to bring a gas powered weed trimmer? I rode the trail tuesday and the grass was out of control. It was my first time on the trail, so i'm hoping i can learn the trail so i dont get lost this time.

Aaron.

Hey there! It'd be great to have you out there, and yes, line trimmers are allowed. I'll be bringing two, but if you want to bring one, by all means feel free to do so.

My plan for Saturday is to trim the whole of the seasonal loop, which is probably the most-overgrown stuff you were seeing. I would also like us to trim the end of the regular loop, and a small segment in the latter third of it, as these spots are getting tight. They aren't properly overgrown yet, but they could use a trim to keep them nice.

I'd be glad to explain the trail system when there too, so hopefully that'll clear things up.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby scottret88@msn.com » July 15th, 2011, 7:59 am

I'll be there Steve. Is there any equipment you would like me to bring?
scottret88@msn.com

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2011, 9:26 am

scottret88@msn.com wrote:I'll be there Steve. Is there any equipment you would like me to bring?

Hey there! Excellent! We'll have at least two line trimmers, so I'd say that if you want to run one of them, just bring some hand trimmers to keep in your pocket for auxiliary use. The plan is to trim all the overgrowth, which I figure will take us a couple hours.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jalopy jockey » July 15th, 2011, 10:52 am

Steve is there a plan to get the chapter trailer or do we need it? Or is that the 2 line trimmers? :idea: I'd have to figure out some logistics since Bridges is riding with Utabintarbo in the morning and I'd need her truck to bring it.....

I'm going to try to make it there with my pint sized clean-up crew.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Next

Return to Volunteers Needed