Call to arms: St. Clair County Park!

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Re: Call to arms: St. Clair County Park!

Postby c0nsumer » June 13th, 2011, 8:53 pm

InTeRnEt_RyAn wrote:
PK wrote:Is there a Columbus Park trail conditions thread??????? :D

Pete.

First official unofficial trail report.

Where there was a suspected "mouse". The trail sustained some mole damage. Maybe the park can set up a catch and release....dead or alive.

Did you head out there and ride what we've got?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby InTeRnEt_RyAn » June 14th, 2011, 4:46 am

No, I walked it with someone who lives there, he rides too and was excited to help. The park worker, a new guy, I believe Andy, was excited and asked if he could do anything to support it, like build stakes out of branches, or build split logs for cribbing. There seems to be a lot of employees excited to help.

c0nsumer wrote:Did you head out there and ride what we've got?
201? Trek/Gary Fisher Paragon
"Who is John Galt?".......... "A is A"
InTeRnEt_RyAn

Postby inasnit » June 14th, 2011, 11:33 am

InTeRnEt_RyAn wrote:No, I walked it with someone who lives there, he rides too and was excited to help. The park worker, a new guy, I believe Andy, was excited and asked if he could do anything to support it, like build stakes out of branches, or build split logs for cribbing. There seems to be a lot of employees excited to help.

c0nsumer wrote:Did you head out there and ride what we've got?

I'm still trying to collect myself after the weekend (and also have been busy at work), but I'm working on writing this up for the MetroNorth blog .. stay tuned .. its coming ;)

But I have to say -- the employees that we've dealt with at St. Clair County Parks have just been amazing. I think we're going to have a wonderful relationship with them and it only helps that Matt is a mountain biker ;)
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Postby nailgunn » June 14th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I hope there is another "TRAIL DAY" set up soon.
I was bummed I was unable to get out there in enough time Sunday to help with some trail cutting. Look forward to see how it went.
2010 Niner Rip 9 Rip 9 Gallery

2012 Saddle Miles 210.33 mi

Is it fast? ....It has 10 speeds my friend
Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby InTeRnEt_RyAn » July 26th, 2011, 12:31 pm

I walked the trail again last night around 7:30. Cleared two small branches, otherwise it's untouched since we were there. No signs of horses, damage or that mole I saw last time.
InTeRnEt_RyAn

Postby Roy » July 27th, 2011, 6:46 am

It is a tightly held secret; the MMBA hires the Michigan Mole Blaster Association to remove all moles from the trails. They use M80's.
Truth is stranger then fiction.
Roy
Roy

Postby cjn1014 » August 25th, 2011, 9:52 am

Any updates on trail conditions/status? The Port Huron Times Herald recently posted a story on ground-breaking for the main lodge.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby dirt » August 25th, 2011, 10:19 am

cjn1014 wrote:Any updates on trail conditions/status? The Port Huron Times Herald recently posted a story on ground-breaking for the main lodge.

I've personally done some trail marking, so that when we are ready to move forward, we'll have trail laid out and ready to build.

There is a possibility that the park my be purchasing some mechanical equipment that we'll be able to use/work with the park with to speed up the trail building drastically, so I'm sort of waiting to see what comes of this. If nothing, then we move forward doing it by hand.

Once the chapter race is over in a little over 2 weeks, and the weather/bugs start to cooperate, I think I'd like to start some regular trail days this fall. So, hopefully, we'll have some trail to ride by spring.

As soon as some plans solidify, we'll be posting info.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby classrc » August 25th, 2011, 10:29 am

Please keep us (me) up to date - I cannot ride for a while, but the doctor never said anything about not using line trimmers :lol:

I'll find out tomorrow if my riding season has come to an end :cry:

Roger
2012 Ventana El Comandante Ultimate SS
2012 Pugsley Necromancer
I've hurt myself way worse on the road than I ever have on the trails... Nevermind, I stand corrected...
classrc

Postby daurand » March 23rd, 2012, 2:07 pm

What is happening with the Columbus County Park? Is there a map or a tentative map?
I fear Teeter Totters.
daurand

Postby Rock N' Rolla » March 25th, 2012, 8:04 am

daurand wrote:What is happening with the Columbus County Park? Is there a map or a tentative map?

oh yeah.. forgot about this.... is there a trail yet or is it still under construction, any traildays palnned , how many miles??? thnx :D
Rock N' Rolla

Postby inasnit » March 25th, 2012, 8:45 am

Rock N' Rolla wrote:
daurand wrote:What is happening with the Columbus County Park? Is there a map or a tentative map?

oh yeah.. forgot about this.... is there a trail yet or is it still under construction, any traildays palnned , how many miles??? thnx :D

We're hoping to get some traildays going this season for sure. We're also looking for someone to help lead this charge - anyone interested?
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Postby daurand » March 25th, 2012, 6:31 pm

inasnit wrote:We're hoping to get some traildays going this season for sure. We're also looking for someone to help lead this charge - anyone interested?

How much planning has been done? I think it would be fruitless to have trail days without trail plans.
I fear Teeter Totters.
daurand

Postby honkonbobo » March 25th, 2012, 10:08 pm

i am interested as well in the mileage and condition of the trail at the moment. can anyone advise?
honkonbobo

Call to arms: St. Clair County Park!

Postby InTeRnEt_RyAn » April 8th, 2012, 10:42 pm

honkonbobo wrote:i am interested as well in the mileage and condition of the trail at the moment. can anyone advise?

Make sure to include me, last I saw overgrowth on what was made, but easily repairable. I'll ride out this weekend maybe. It's only 1000ft long maybe.
InTeRnEt_RyAn

PreviousNext

Return to Volunteers Needed