Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, June 5

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, June 5

Postby WallEyed » April 27th, 2011, 9:09 am

It's that time of year again! It's almost time for the spring Lakeshore Park trail day! On Sunday, May 15 we will be heading out to Lakeshore Park to help get one of our favorite trail in shape for the year. We have some fun projects in store... a re-route in the Pines, a couple other small potential reroutes, grooming the pump track and general maintenance. We pushed the trail day further into the spring this year to allow any trimming to be a bit more effective, but with this late spring, I'm not sure it is going to help much. We'll still send the trimming crews out, but in addition to them we are going to send out some de-berming crews to help get some of the problem areas cleaned up and ready to drain.

Once again, the city of Novi has generously offered to give a free 2011 park pass to any MMBA member who completes 16 hours of trail work at Lakeshore Park. We'd like to get the bulk of the names to them as soon as possible after the trailday so people can have their passes waiting for them on memorial Day weekend. You'll get 8 of your hours at the trailday, but this means that you'll have to do some freelance work before May 15. What can you do to help? Plenty! There are a lot of downed branches and garbage on the trail. Simply hiking the trail and cleaning this up can give you a couple hours. If you have a small handsaw, you can go out and take care of some of the smaller deadfall. If you know the process for de-berming, you can get started on that too. After a rain when you can't ride is the perfect time to hike the trail and see areas that need to drain!

If you have any questions or ideas, please let me or Loren know. We hope to see you on May 15!
Last edited by WallEyed on May 29th, 2011, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cox
Co-Trail Coordinator - Lakeshore Park
WallEyed

Re: Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, May 15

Postby ssteinbe » May 12th, 2011, 10:48 am

What time does the trail day start?
Steve
Trail's Edge Cycling Team
http://www.trails-edge.com
ssteinbe

Postby WallEyed » May 12th, 2011, 10:51 am

Yeah, it would probably help if I gave a time!!!

We plan to start assembling at 9:00 and hope to have everyone on the trail by 9:30. Thanks!!
Dave Cox
WallEyed

Postby chris f. » May 12th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Do we need to bring anything?
chris f.

Postby Docc178 » May 14th, 2011, 5:51 pm

What if it is pouring tomorrow?
Docc178

Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, May 15

Postby WallEyed » May 15th, 2011, 6:21 am

Uncooperative weather has forced us to postpone the Lakeshore Park trail day event that was scheduled for today.

We expect to post a rescheduled date soon!
Dave Cox
WallEyed

Postby daffunda » May 23rd, 2011, 8:37 am

When is the rescheduled trail day? Please don't make it Lumberjack weekend or the memorial day weekend.....
~www.trails-edge.com~

DISCLAIMER: The posts I make or have made in the past are strictly MY OPINION, AKA my two cents, and NOT in ANY WAY opinions of the MMBA or its associates. It is recommended to take it for what it is worth, which is two cents.
daffunda

Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, May 15

Postby Loren » May 24th, 2011, 7:27 pm

So we're thinking Sunday, June 5th, as the makeup day. Stay tuned for a formal announcement.
Loren

Re: Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, June 5th

Postby Loren » May 27th, 2011, 11:26 pm

June 5th it is!

It's that time of year again! It's almost time for the spring Lakeshore Park trail day! On Sunday, June 5th, we will be heading out to Lakeshore Park to help get one of our favorite trail in shape for the year. We have some fun projects in store... a re-route in the Pines, a couple other small potential reroutes, grooming the pump track and general maintenance. We pushed the trail day further into the spring this year to allow any trimming to be a bit more effective, but with this late spring, I'm not sure it is going to help much. We'll still send the trimming crews out, but in addition to them we are going to send out some de-berming crews to help get some of the problem areas cleaned up and ready to drain.

Once again, the city of Novi has generously offered to give a free 2011 park pass to any MMBA member who completes 16 hours of trail work at Lakeshore Park.
Loren

Re: Lakeshore Park Trailday - Sunday, June 5

Postby Docc178 » June 3rd, 2011, 11:20 pm

Starting at what time Sunday?
Docc178

Postby Loren » June 4th, 2011, 6:28 am

9 am

(This is extra stuff because apparently you can't make a post as short as "9 am" for some reason.)
Loren

Postby SICU » June 4th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Do we need to bring any tools? I have loppers, rakes, a spade, and a hand saw if needed.
"I'm in the midst of a traaaauuuma!"

Carlos
SICU

Postby Loren » June 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm

We have a bunch of tools in the trailer, but loppers, hand saw, spade might be put to good use.
Loren

Postby hockeydaddy » June 6th, 2011, 8:49 pm

Saturday a great showing of volunteers came to the Farm and made many needed fixes due to the wet weather we have been having. They also did a new reroute plus a new downhill in the pines!!! Great job to all who came out!!! I was not able to participate in the trail day due to being sick and was totally bummed. :( Dave and Loren excellent work on organizing it all!!
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Return to Volunteers Needed