High Country Pathway trail days

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

High Country Pathway trail days

Postby Nelg » April 18th, 2011, 8:40 am

We have lots of work to do at the High Country Pathway clearing dead fall, brushing back face slappers and scrub and putting up the new signage. We'll be doing at least two trail days this spring, the two current dates are April 30th and May 14th. The plan is to camp at Clear Lake on April 29th and 30th working on Saturday and riding on Sunday if you wish. May 13th and 14th we'll camp at Pickerel Lake and work on the west side of the trail. The MMBA Northern Chapter will cover your campground fees and even feed you dinner for volunteering.

As for what to bring? Typically we are clearing dead fall so a chainsaw and or pruning saw works well. If you have a backpack that works with said chainsaw, even better. I'll have an extra pack to loan out, it won't be pretty but it will be functional. And of course, your bike and any supplies you need to keep your body happy for both riding and camping for the weekend.

Lets get this thing whipped in to shape shape for the summer ride on June 4th and show people why it's designated an IMBA epic!

If you can make it, or have questions please let me know via PM.

Cheers!
Glen
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Re: High Country Pathway trail days

Postby feldpaj » May 2nd, 2011, 7:57 am

Trail day was great. Can't wait for the summer ride. I don't think I can make it up for the next trail day, but hopefully you get some help up there to clear more trail to make the 80 summer ride more do-able.
to do: bike-eat-brew beer-drink beer-board-hunt-sleep-work-
feldpaj

Postby Nelg » May 2nd, 2011, 8:30 pm

Your help and everyone elses was greatly appreciated Joe! I'm hoping we can get to the rest the weekend of the 14th, we'll see how well it goes!
NMMBA Past President
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby Nelg » May 11th, 2011, 12:46 pm

The 14th is quickly approaching. We'll be camping at Pickerel Lake and focusing on the western side this weekend. We can use all the help we can get maintaining this 90+ mile long trail system. Bring your bike and what ever you need for 6+ hours of hiking, riding and clearing trail. If you have pruners and a small pruning saw, bring those as well.

Free camping, food and good stories to swap at the end of the day. Please PM me if you have any questions.
NMMBA Past President
Nelg

Return to Volunteers Needed