River Bends Trail Day: 02-Oct-2010

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

River Bends Trail Day: 02-Oct-2010

Postby c0nsumer » September 26th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Hey there everyone! Lots of progress has been made on River Bends lately, so now it's time for us to have another trail day and finish off Phase II of the single track trail that we've been developing. So, the info:

Who: You!
What: MMBA Metro North Trail Day
Where: Shelby Township's River Bends Park, Meet near Shelter #2 / Hickory Grove
When: 9am on Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 (Rain Date Sunday, October 3rd, 2010)
Why: To complete the Phase II segment of single-track trail.

Please join us and bring your standard trail work tools (loppers, rakes, shovels, etc), something to keep you hydrated, and something to munch on in case you need it. Also, bring your bike since we'll probably be riding a lap or three afterward. We'll be trimming back overgrowth, bench cutting, and cleaning up the single track, and generally just getting our second piece of trail in the park in order. We'll have tools as well, but it's never a bad idea to bring your own.

Please send me a PM or email to c0nsumer@nuxx.net if you plan on attending, just so I can get a good count of how many bagels to have on hand for breakfast.

Updates will be posted as they are available.

Thanks!

[NOTE: Date was originally 09-Oct-2010, but this was changed due to a conflict with the 6/12 Hour race at Addison oaks.]
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Re: River Bends Trail Day: 02-Oct-2010

Postby c0nsumer » October 1st, 2010, 11:43 am

Hey everyone! This is just a quick bump to remind you of the trail day tomorrow at 9am. If you're planning on attending please drop me a quick PM or email so that I know how many bagels and coffee to get.

Thanks!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby i69whitey » October 1st, 2010, 6:15 pm

bumpity

we were headin to stony, but if i can change judes mind we will be there
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby c0nsumer » October 2nd, 2010, 6:18 am

Rain is tapering off and looks to be ending soon, so we're still on.

Thanks everyone!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Return to Volunteers Needed