Arcadia Dunes

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Arcadia Dunes

Postby bgerlach » July 7th, 2014, 7:47 pm

lunge bob sweatpants wrote:
bgerlach wrote:
lunge bob sweatpants wrote:This is a late report for last week (limited internet service on vacation). There was a large chainsaw worthy tree down between trail map marker 1 and trail map marker 5 (not mile markers).

I love this trail.

I suspect that may be the one we already cut but I'll check tomorrow - thanks for letting us know. Everything else good otherwise?

This was on Thursday and going counter clockwise from the trailhead a little before the Matzinger road crossing. The trail was great. I just wish I had more time to spend out there that day.

I also noticed the new trail that is being cut. Got to ride a bit of that. Will that ever connect up with the main trail?

Good question on the new trail - that is our novice loop (will be a 3 mile loop, right now is 1.5 miles out). It will connect to the main trail; in fact, it will be the south exit from the parking lot as we need to close the section that currently drops down the west slope to the parking and has become completely eroded - probably see this happen next year.
bgerlach

Postby oogs » July 21st, 2014, 9:14 pm

Has anyone ridden this lately? I was going to swing by tomorrow morning (before any potential storms, hopefully) and check it out.
oogs

Postby vas » August 25th, 2014, 9:13 pm

No cell signal and a sign that says car break ins have been reported here don't really motivate you... The trail seems more for hiking but still a fun flowy trail.
vas

Postby lampenj » September 14th, 2014, 4:31 pm

I rode the trail on Sept 11th. Trail was in fine shape but there were a couple of trees down. I don't know the trail well enough to know what 'section' they were in, but they seemed to be at the eastern end of the big loop.
lampenj

Postby Sortaslow » September 14th, 2014, 10:09 pm

vas wrote:No cell signal and a sign that says car break ins have been reported here don't really motivate you... The trail seems more for hiking but still a fun flowy trail.

Best for hiking? Strangest comment I've ever heard about this trail.
Sortaslow

Postby Zoo1424 » October 27th, 2014, 6:37 am

Finally made it up here to ride. The trails were leaf covered but otherwise the trail was in great shape. It was an absolute blast to ride this trail. I didn't want to stop. The flow in either direction was amazing. Arcadia knocked Glacial Hills off as my favorite trail.
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
Zoo1424

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments