Arcadia Dunes

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Arcadia Dunes

Postby c0nsumer » July 4th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Since it's two way trail, I don't think there's a normal direction.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Glacial Hills » July 4th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Most people seem to prefer counterclockwise but my two favorite stretches are in the clockwise direction. Lots of sand right now and some decent faceslappers - got strafed in the face a few times and then in the legs by some raspberries.
Glacial Hills

Postby turbotoad » July 4th, 2016, 9:20 pm

I refer to it as reverse direction because you follow the trail numbers backward.....start at parking lot (1) then go (counter-clockwise) to 5,4,3,2,back to 1. As opposed to (clockwise) 1,2,3,4,5 back to 1. The trail is not directional, so be careful, I came up on 4 riders going the opposite direction.
turbotoad

Postby thud » July 7th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Rode today and had forgotten just how fun this trail is. I'd say it is in perfect condition right now. Face slappers were minimal compared to my home dirt at Custer. I'd suggest using lighter lenses (orange) as the dense canopy high above leaves things relatively dark for most of the trail. Had no problem looking out for oncoming traffic since the foliage at ground level is pretty low in most parts and it's easy to see far ahead except for a few blind turns. Like most on here, highly recommend riding the larger loop counter clockwise, just more flow. You'll want to start the bigger loop at marker #5 and end at #2. The section from #2 to #5 on what I call the inner or smaller loop is a can't miss section. Short, but a nice little roller coaster. I usually start by riding the smaller loop clockwise so I can hit #2 to #5 twice during my ride. Anyone looking to train some young riders would find this trail helpful. Riding the small loop repeatedly in both directions would be ideal due to the short length, intermediate skills needed, climbing, and fun factor.
thud

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments