Arcadia Dunes

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Arcadia Dunes

Postby dirt » July 7th, 2010, 8:23 am

Trail status for Arcadia Dunes trail.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Re: Arcadia Dunes

Postby str8flush24 » July 7th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Has anyone rode this one? Any details would be appreciated. Heading up to Cadillac next weekend and wouldn't mind hitting it up....maybe a round at Arcadia Bluffs too if I am feeling rich.
str8flush24

Location: Most likely at work thinking about when I can ride next.

Postby SteveF » July 7th, 2010, 12:53 pm

str8flush24 wrote:Has anyone rode this one? Any details would be appreciated. Heading up to Cadillac next weekend and wouldn't mind hitting it up....maybe a round at Arcadia Bluffs too if I am feeling rich.

http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=98143

It's a great trail!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Josh McCreedy » July 8th, 2010, 8:16 am

I rode it July 5. The trail is in great shape, no logs, but it does seem to have some more sand collecting in spots than last year. It's not a terribly fast trail, but has a great feel overall.
Josh McCreedy

Arcadia Dunes

Postby dirt » July 11th, 2010, 2:17 pm

So, which direction is the 'standard', if either is? Favorite direction?
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby volklgirl » July 12th, 2010, 9:12 pm

I usually go counter clockwise, mostly because the hikers tend to go clockwise, following the numbered signs.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby tdog » August 8th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Rode today for first time! well done :D
tdog

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » August 10th, 2010, 10:07 am

Finally got back up here to ride this awesome trail.

Beware of the sand as you enter the meadows, it's very loose despite the high humidity.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby Bigtymer » September 6th, 2010, 8:31 am

Rode yesterday. Amazing trail, but my car and another car were broken into yesterday while I was riding. Beware, and don't leave your wallet or purse in the car. The thieves are just looking for cash.
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » September 6th, 2010, 11:31 am

Bigtymer wrote:Rode yesterday. Amazing trail, but my car and another car were broken into yesterday while I was riding. Beware, and don't leave your wallet or purse in the car. The thieves are just looking for cash.

That really sucks. I've never even come across another vehicle in the parking area, I've always been alone. Bummer. I would have figured that it was/is a low risk area.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby Sortaslow » September 6th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Bigtymer wrote:
Rode yesterday. Amazing trail, but my car and another car were broken into yesterday...

That really sucks. I've never even come across another vehicle in the parking area, I've always been alone. Bummer. I would have figured that it was/is a low risk area.

That's what I thought, but I guess with no one there it makes it easy. Heading up there now for the week. Now when I'm riding I'll be wondering if my car is being broken into.
Sortaslow

Postby Creamy » September 6th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear that. Probably a crime of opportunity because it is so remote there, bummer. Sign of the times I suppose...
On a lighter note, I like it clockwise on my 29er, and counter-clockwise on my 26" FSR, Cant really tell ya why.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

Postby Snowybunting » September 7th, 2010, 6:41 am

Rode Arcadia on 9/2, it was amazing. Trail was a bit damp, a rain had just come thru. I managed to slide out at the bottom of two nice downhills, but it was nice, soft ground I slid on so I just wet-sanded my arm and leg. Trail was beautiful and a lot of fun, pretty much a perfect ride for me.
Snowybunting

Postby Nelg » September 14th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Trail is riding well for late season but some one likes to do smash and grabs in the parking lot. If you ride Arcadia, by all means stash all valuable looking items such as purses, bags, laptop cases, gps units, etc. The police have been working to find the person who has been hitting cars at both the beach and the trail head parking.

It's an awesome trail, can't wait to ride it in full fall colors!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby georgemra » September 26th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Was in the upper LP for the weekend and decided to hit the Dunes on my way back down. This is a fantastic trail, who ever designed it did a magnificent job. The only thing that could have made the ride better was if there wasn't so much debris on the trail. Due to the high winds over the weekend, there were a lot of twigs and small branches all over the trail (which I kept picking up into various parts of the bike) as well as four trees at 4.25, 6, 7.5 and 8.25 miles (going clockwise).
georgemra

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments