CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby RazBarry_KB » January 14th, 2016, 9:26 am

kbputnam wrote:Hope ride ride there next week. Is there a bathroom to change in? Should I enter and park off of Ryan or 22 mile? Thx

If you are riding in daylight it is best to park in the main lot off of 22 mile. The trail begins to the right of the kiosk with the trail map. The bathroom facilities are now locked, there is only a portable toilet available for use. Generally we all change in the passenger seats of our cars.

If you are riding at night, join us for a group ride on Tuesdays. We meet at the lot behind the police station in downtown Utica at 6:30, and start the ride at 6:45 sharp. We had about 16 riders last night with lots of snow coming down and a perfectly packed trail. I cannot begin to tell you how fun it was.
Kristen Barry
CRAMBA-IMBA, Treasurer
http://www.cramba.org/
RazBarry_KB

Postby madmike23 » January 15th, 2016, 8:51 am

Riverbends was awesome last night. I just worry for her today.... :shock:
madmike23

Postby compengr » January 15th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Better than expected so far. May not be the case after it rains.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
compengr

Postby c0nsumer » January 16th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Ever wanted to try riding on ice? If so, head to River Bends. Most of it is ridable, but will take lots of caution. Studs would have been really nice today.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jer091 » January 17th, 2016, 11:14 am

River Bends is not rideable!

Soo much ice! Very slick even on fat. Unless you have studded tires, do not even waste your time.

We will need significant snow to cover this up to be rideable again.

This sucks :(
jer091

Postby i69whitey » January 23rd, 2016, 8:54 pm

Yep, treacherous. Tiptoed around today, 29+ with NO studs. Some scary downhills on the ridge. The one down to the cutoff before swamp loop is outright dangerous (especially for a 10 year old)
Ride safe.
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby jer091 » January 25th, 2016, 7:09 am

**Cancelled !¡Ay CRAMBA It's Cold Out! Fat Bike 1/31/16**

Much to my regret, we have decided it is best to cancel Ay CRAMBA! this year. It has been a difficult winter weather-wise on the trail at River Bends, and the upcoming week isn’t going to do it any good. As of right now, the trail is a skating rink and it is very dangerous to try to ride. The forecast looks as if it is going to be warm enough to melt most, if not all, of the ice, but that also means that it is going to be a muddy mess. CRAMBA puts a lot of effort into building and maintaining the local trails, and I am sure you all have heard one of our advocacy quotes, “Ride dirt trails, not mud trails.” We have an outstanding relationship with the Shelby Township Parks & Recreation Department, and we want to do our due diligence to maintain our working relationship by taking care of the trail system they so graciously allowed us to share.

I have been extremely impressed and inspired by how receptive and supportive ALL of our local bike shops have been. CRAMBA will continue to build upon this to strengthen our relationship with all of you, as well as our members. This event was going to be something special with all of the cool things that would have been present for patrons to see and experience during the event. Please expect another invitation for next year, as we plan to schedule Ay CRAMBA sometime at the end of January or the beginning of February again. Hopefully Mother Nature responds with a vengeance next year and El Nino stays away. If you have been following along on our Facebook page, we had close to 200 people coming with another 200+ interested in coming. Riders definitely want this event, and we will continue to plan for it next year and years to come.

CRAMBA has a number of events planned for this year, and we will be sure to contact you to see if you would like to support and participate in the events. Some of the events that are in the planning stages for our advocacy group are the following:
Take a Kid Mountain Biking
MTB 101 (Shelby Township Parks & Rec)
GOT Clinics (Girls on Trails Mountain Bike Clinics)
Addison Oaks Fall Classic XC Mountain Bike Race
Massive Fallout Quad Park Group Ride

As you can see, there are going to be a number of opportunities to be involved in our local events, and we appreciate anything you will bring to the table to help support our wonderful sport.

Again, I am extremely sorry for having to report that Ay CRAMBA! is cancelled this year. I know that you all have put forth a great deal of effort in planning for all the great things that you were going to have. Please know that CRAMBA, as well as our members, do appreciate your support and we look forward to all the other opportunities to work with you in the future.

As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns and I will do my best to respond in a timely manner. Have a wonderful week and hopefully there is still some winter left that we may be able to enjoy…it is just hard to predict how the rest of “winter” will present itself.
jer091

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments