CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby sleepyguy1001 » April 17th, 2015, 12:11 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
sleepyguy1001 wrote:So what's going on out there now? Another road of some sort up the middle of the park?

Give this a read: http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/article ... 917737.txt

The current clearcutting is the first step of the realization of the aforementioned paved path.

Sweet, thanks!
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby tripleskulls » April 18th, 2015, 9:11 pm

That new crushed limestone path leads to an area I thought was far too swampy to be the location of the new path we have been hearing about. Does anyone know if they are going to connect the two ends and make it part of a loop? Or are they just access roads to the sewers?
tripleskulls

Postby tripleskulls » April 18th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Trail was dry all the way around today. The only puddle was at the "turn and climb" near the beginning of the ridge trail.
tripleskulls

Postby lawn dart » April 20th, 2015, 11:16 am

We were also at R.B. on the 18th. Really impressed with how the trail is maturing -- the added features, the better flow, and fewer problem areas -- all making for a great, no-excuses ride. "Well Done" to all involved.
lawn dart

Postby SteamDriven » April 22nd, 2015, 7:48 am

From the ride last night, most of the trail is OK. Mud hole at the trail head after the first root.
Second part of 'Between the trails' should be avoided for the next 24 hours as it was worse than at the weekend.

Warning for the South Loop - Big tree down accross the dip (blind corner) at the end of the two way as you come out to the new loop. impassable unless you break thru the brush on the right or walk along the train tracks to the dirt road opening.
They have also reworked the snow fences so no point doing any of the trail north of the dirt road that crosses the train tracks (which is not much).
The guy with the black Crave and weird accent... Usually found at the back!
SteamDriven

Postby c0nsumer » April 22nd, 2015, 7:52 am

Also, there's another tree down just before the big S turn before the drop. It can be ridden around, but should go.

All of these are doable with a large hand saw, they'll just take a little time.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby sleepyguy1001 » April 23rd, 2015, 4:36 pm

I took a quick ride out there today, down by the water and up across where the new road/trail is being cut. There were a few guys from the work crew standing there when I rolled up to it. Some new stakes and it had been recently bulldozed. I asked them if it was okay to cross or if it was closed now and they told me to go ahead, but be careful in the next few weeks. That spot will be and 8-10 foot drop. Was he BS'ing me? Any idea?
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby Mack » April 23rd, 2015, 5:22 pm

sleepyguy1001 wrote:I took a quick ride out there today, down by the water and up across where the new road/trail is being cut. There were a few guys from the work crew standing there when I rolled up to it. Some new stakes and it had been recently bulldozed. I asked them if it was okay to cross or if it was closed now and they told me to go ahead, but be careful in the next few weeks. That spot will be and 8-10 foot drop. Was he BS'ing me? Any idea?

I guess you will find out in the coming weeks, if he was BS'ing you or not. 8-10 ft. is a big
drop, just make sure you land it rear wheel first :wink: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby c0nsumer » April 23rd, 2015, 8:43 pm

He might have meant 8-12 foot drop-off along the edge of the trail. From what I can tell there's some large scale motorized bench cutting happening, and to keep the grade sane there may be some big sideslopes.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jer091 » April 24th, 2015, 9:01 am

The tree that was obstructing the trail on the blue loop was removed this morning. I would consider the Blue Loop under "Should not ride" due to all the construction of the paved path down there. Its not closed but every day something new is happening there.

The tree on the yellow loop near the "drop" has not been taken care of yet.

If you do choose to ride it, be courteous of any workers in the area, and attempt to obey any signs or postings.

Once the trail is complete we will reevaluate the area and adapt accordingly.

On a side note, anyone interested in building 2 miles of new trail at River Bends?
jer091

Postby PK » April 24th, 2015, 9:08 am

Uhh, Yeah!

Pete.
PK

Postby FLIPMODES » April 24th, 2015, 11:14 am

:wink: I think I can help.
River Bends Park - Co-Trail Coordinator
River Bends trail conditions
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member