CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby lawn dart » August 24th, 2014, 7:15 am

FLIPMODES wrote:A little sampler for the banked berms. Work in progress. . . .

The line will be clear and understandable once completed.

That looks AWESOME! Brilliant use of the available land. :icon_thumleft:
lawn dart

Postby c0nsumer » August 25th, 2014, 9:03 am

Join CRAMBA-IMBA for a trail day on August 31st, 2014 at 10am to finish up the Lazy River portion of River Bends in the south end of the park. This is 0.7 miles of new trail designed to replace what was lost when ITC cut an access corridor to replace a high tension tower.

Meet in the old parking lot off the west end of Chapoton St. in Utica, MI (https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6320802 ... a=!3m1!1e3) just before 10am and we'll walk into the trail work area. To get to this lot, drive west down Chapoton until the road ends, turn right at the barricade, and drive into the old parking lot. Park along the brick wall next to the apartment building near the fence. We'll be walking in through the old foundation which is past the fence.

Please remember to wear long sleeve and long pants for protection. Gloves and safety glasses recommended.

For the Facebook-inclined we have a FB event here as well: https://www.facebook.com/events/1459410194329614

See you there!
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby tripleskulls » August 26th, 2014, 10:30 am

The Swamp Loop lived up to its name yesterday... I was forced to turn around after about 50 feet after the rollers.... Yoda might be required to save bikes that dare to venture in there... The rest of the trail was nice - lots of other riders last night.
tripleskulls

Postby SteamDriven » August 26th, 2014, 4:34 pm

I did the swamp in July when I did not know any better! Made it thru but only because the genetically mutated Mosquitos chased me all the way from the rollers!

Once again the weather is against me. Still not managed a Tuesday group ride. And tomorrow it wl be too wet.
Can't catch a break.

I guess stony again tomorrow.
The guy with the black Crave and weird accent... Usually found at the back!
SteamDriven

Postby c0nsumer » August 26th, 2014, 4:57 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if most of RB is fine to ride on Wednesday. It didn't rain a ton here. (I live four miles east of the trail.)

That said, the Stony group ride is very welcoming. I intend to be there myself.

(And yes, the Swamp Loop is called that for a reason... After finishing this next bit of trail and signing things it'll appear as such on the trailhead map, and will be signed in Orange.)
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby FLIPMODES » August 27th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Chapoton st is closed due to a down live wire from yesterday's storm. DTE said it should b cleared by the end of the day tomorrow.
2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby utabintarbo » Yesterday, 8:05 pm

Other than a bunch of soft spots and a few climbs that are getting a bit washed out, the trail was very nice this evening.
utabintarbo

Postby i69whitey » Today, 6:21 am

...of course Swamp Loop was 'swampy'
;)
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments