CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby pharus » April 20th, 2016, 10:15 am

what/where is the drag strip? I normally ride the basic loop around which is 5 miles, I don't go down into the valley that seems swampy year round. Where do I need to watch for mud?
2013 Niner Jet9 1x10
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

Postby c0nsumer » April 20th, 2016, 10:19 am

pharus wrote:what/where is the drag strip? I normally ride the basic loop around which is 5 miles, I don't go down into the valley that seems swampy year round. Where do I need to watch for mud?

The parallel split section here, heading south, is the Dragstrip and Dragstrip Bypass: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/4 ... /-83.04796

The Bypass is the slightly longer section, curvy and with a log pile, which stays on top of the ridge and is dry most of the season. The regular Dragstrip drops down the ridge, snakes along the face of it, and includes a tight turn up and around a large tree before climbing back up the ridge. The muddy area is at the very end, just before and part of the climb.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby pharus » April 20th, 2016, 10:24 am

Thanks, that dragstrip is my favorite section of the whole trail. But it sounds like I will have to skip it tonight. Me and my old-slow buddy are going to ride around 6pm. Thanks for the map. You might want to add a label for dragstrip and bypass.
2013 Niner Jet9 1x10
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

Postby c0nsumer » April 20th, 2016, 10:27 am

pharus wrote:Thanks, that dragstrip is my favorite section of the whole trail. But it sounds like I will have to skip it tonight. Me and my old-slow buddy are going to ride around 6pm. Thanks for the map. You might want to add a label for dragstrip and bypass.

I'm working on something bigger which would do that kind of thing... Not super simple, but will still be based on all the OSM data.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » April 24th, 2016, 8:44 am

RB was in great shape yesterday. Couple soft spots in the BTT Trail which had become nicely rutted, so get out there and pack it down. Swamp Loop was iffy looking so we didn't enter, but everything else was really grippy and fast.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby ralange » April 26th, 2016, 2:59 pm

c0nsumer wrote:RB was in great shape yesterday. Couple soft spots in the BTT Trail which had become nicely rutted, so get out there and pack it down. Swamp Loop was iffy looking so we didn't enter, but everything else was really grippy and fast.

How is the trail after the rain last night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
ralange

Postby sleepyguy1001 » April 26th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Someone tell me it will be ridable tomorrow, please.....
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby Dark-Fx » April 27th, 2016, 6:29 am

Report from someone last night: "I rode a lap, as long as you dump out at the grassy meadow before Nessie, and not ride the Dragstrip it's OK... The Dragstrip should be avoided!"
Dark-Fx

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments