CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby richyjblasutig » May 10th, 2013, 11:17 am

hey whatsup, new here - read the forums for a while, just discovered river bends and been riding it the last few days ....looks like it was pretty muddy in some spots two days ago .... anyone get out there to ride yet today ? how are the trails - does it usually take a while to dry, or will it be ok to ride if it doesnt rain anymore today ...?
richyjblasutig

Postby c0nsumer » May 10th, 2013, 11:25 am

richyjblasutig wrote:hey whatsup, new here - read the forums for a while, just discovered river bends and been riding it the last few days ....looks like it was pretty muddy in some spots two days ago .... anyone get out there to ride yet today ? how are the trails - does it usually take a while to dry, or will it be ok to ride if it doesnt rain anymore today ...?

With this morning / last night's rain it's probably a bit muddy again. I'd avoid it and head up to Stony Creek instead.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby richyjblasutig » May 10th, 2013, 11:44 am

Fair enough, hope the rain holds off for a bit so river bends is ride able soon! - hate driving all the.way to stoney with.chances of.rain ... with my luck it usually starts pouring as soon as I unload my rig lol
richyjblasutig

Postby richyjblasutig » May 12th, 2013, 2:22 pm

There's a small tree down, right as you begin the yellow trail - after the warning sign and down hill, blocking the path to the right that cuts out the uphill .... its still rooted so couldn't be just dragged off. Not.sure what protocol is for this - just a heads up lol!
richyjblasutig

Postby c0nsumer » May 12th, 2013, 2:52 pm

richyjblasutig wrote:There's a small tree down, right as you begin the yellow trail - after the warning sign and down hill, blocking the path to the right that cuts out the uphill .... its still rooted so couldn't be just dragged off. Not.sure what protocol is for this - just a heads up lol!

Thanks for the notice. How big around is it?

(The normal thing would be that if you wanted to move it, go for it. Otherwise post up here to let the TCs -- Jeremy and I -- know, and we'll get it sorted.)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby richyjblasutig » May 12th, 2013, 10:39 pm

3 inches around, I'd have moved it. But its still rooted.
richyjblasutig

Postby richyjblasutig » May 12th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Will trail work days be posted here also? I'd wanna come help out on the trails, since its the track I ride the most being five minutes away from me n all.
richyjblasutig

Postby c0nsumer » May 12th, 2013, 10:44 pm

richyjblasutig wrote:Will trail work days be posted here also? I'd wanna come help out on the trails, since its the track I ride the most being five minutes away from me n all.

Yep! They will be... Both here and on the CRAMBA Calendar. We just haven't had any yet this year at River Bends.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby JohnA » May 13th, 2013, 8:15 am

Is River Bends back to rideable condition? I'm unsure how much rain it got over the weekend. I'm hoping to head out there with some guys on Thursday.

Thanks!
JohnA

Postby utabintarbo » May 13th, 2013, 9:01 am

JohnA wrote:Is River Bends back to rideable condition? I'm unsure how much rain it got over the weekend. I'm hoping to head out there with some guys on Thursday.

Thanks!

It was what I would call "barely rideable" last Thursday. More rain and cold weather probably didn't help that much.

If it doesn't rain substantially, and given the currently forecasted warmup, you will probably find it in similar condition. Keep to the higher trails where possible.
utabintarbo

Postby MtnBikerMi » May 14th, 2013, 10:45 am

Is the trail dry / rideable today? Got some time, never been to this trail...
MtnBikerMi

Postby c0nsumer » May 14th, 2013, 10:56 am

I'm probably going to give it a look today figuring that most of it will be good. I haven't been out there on anything besides the entrance section in a few weeks, though.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jer091 » May 14th, 2013, 1:23 pm

River bends yellow loop is completely rideable except for the newest north segment of trail. Completely skip that part.

The drag strip has some weeping spots that are muddy still so take the left bypass for that segment.

Lower seasonal (blue loop) is wet, upper is fine. If you do ride it backwards please be careful.

Other than that all the pizza cutter spots are starting to get packed down.

Go ride:D
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » May 14th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Wow. It's nicer out there than I expected. I am really glad to see the leaves in again. It finally feels like River Bends again and not a wasteland.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » May 15th, 2013, 7:52 am

Also, I noticed that there appears to be a rock garden with very nice bypass under construction in the entrance trail... I wonder what's up with that... ;)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments