CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » December 22nd, 2012, 4:00 pm

The new trail should continue to be avoided. It's even worse than after jer091's last post. Everything else was fine at about 11am before the thaw. The new segment now has some stand puddles.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » December 30th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Most of the trail is in great shape for riding. sortaslow and I just set nice, wide fatbike tracks out there today and much of the trail now has a hard pack 6" wide ribbon down it. We didn't get to some of the stuff along the ridge, but hopefully that'll get ridden in over the next day or two.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » January 3rd, 2013, 8:48 pm

The hard pack ribbon on the trail is now quite firm, and slipping off the sides of it drops you down 2" into powder and it's a bit hard to get back on it. Go out there and enjoy, the entrance trail is almost summertime fast it's so wide and well packed.

We just need to get a floatilla of fatbikes out there this weekend to finish packing the rest.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » January 11th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Here is some more info on the forthcoming paths in Shelby Townshp that'll connect River Bends with Holland Ponds, Chief Gene Shepherd Park, the MOT/CRT, Utica, etc.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby dinov » January 11th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Where is the info ?
dinov

Postby c0nsumer » January 11th, 2013, 4:47 pm

dinov wrote:Where is the info ?

Click the word Here. It is a hyperlink. To content elsewhere in the metaverse.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby dinov » January 11th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Sorry did not see it thanks!
dinov

Postby jer091 » January 23rd, 2013, 3:53 pm

I'm happy to say that the entire Yellow Loops is obstruction free and completely ridable. Just 2 days ago there were 14 fallen trees that were blocking the trail, and within 24 hour of reporting it, Shelby Twp parks had them all cleared.

There are a few fallen trees left in the blue loop but nothing that you cant throw your bike over to get past.

Its a great place to get out and ride a 5 mile loop, with many bailout points in case you can't handle the cold.

so suck it up, suit up and ride!
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » January 23rd, 2013, 8:49 pm

Jeremy (jer091) and I (mostly Jeremy) just finished up the Shelby Township River Bends Park Multi-Use Trail: 2012 Year in Review document. Download a copy here.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Mack » January 24th, 2013, 12:42 pm

c0nsumer wrote:Jeremy (jer091) and I (mostly Jeremy) just finished up the Shelby Township River Bends Park Multi-Use Trail: 2012 Year in Review document. Download a copy here.

Nice job gentlemen, well done :icon_thumleft: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby PK » February 17th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Forget about a fun ride there today. We tried the beginning section and bailed-out when we hit the pavement. Too many ruts and footprints in the ice. Even with studs. Go down to CRPT. It's much better.

Pete.
PK

Postby 2slo2endo » March 28th, 2013, 6:04 pm

I CAN'T STAND WAITING! Hope the trails are rideable soon!
2slo2endo

Postby c0nsumer » April 4th, 2013, 4:56 pm

River Bends is good to go. Everything is fine to ride, except the still-being-worked-on stuff put in at the very end of last year. It's what Pete / PK would describe as "tacky fast", so get out there and enjoy it.

There's a few soft/greasy spots still, but nothing trail damaging or particularly bothersome. The worst of it was in the lower seasonal loops, and even that was passable without issue. Even the notoriously seep-filled Drag Strip was good.

There are a couple downed trees that'll need clearing, but nothing that'll catch you off guard.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Mboz » April 5th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Like Steve said, just about perfect. Couldn't hope for much more. It's great to be back out!
Mboz

Postby c0nsumer » April 5th, 2013, 6:44 pm

All downed trees and brush and crap are clear, one can now do a lap of all routes without stopping.

Avoid the return section that starts with the Clinton-Kalamazoo Canal ridge -- the stuff that was put in very late last year. It's super muddy right now. Everything else is great.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments