CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » August 11th, 2011, 9:51 pm

The one tree that Paul wasn't able to get his been cleared. While large, the outer inch or so was fairly rotted so it wasn't too hard to saw out. There's still one more tree down on the alternate entrance to the original single track, but as most people don't ride this route they won't run into it. I'll get it cut out this weekend.

(Here is the tree + tools right after I arrived at it. This is located just before the hairpin turn in the entrance trail.)

There were quite a few people out on the trail this evening, and it was really nice to see. I know that the trails get a bit of use, but seeing 10+ people riding the single track just in the time I was there was rather nice. It's great to see the trail getting use.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby 2slo2endo » August 12th, 2011, 1:26 pm

I like this trail alot, and you do a great job maintaining it. I'm hoping to ride it today, I was out there once with Paul, and I think it's a great place to work on technique- It seems to be pretty consistent ride to ride, and after riding stoney a couple nights ago, that's a big deal. I've ridden it 3 more times since. I guess the heavy traffic at stoney makes the rollercoaster really rough, seems like the roots get bigger every couple weeks. Thanks for a great place to ride!
2slo2endo

Postby Mack » August 12th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Steve and his crew do a awesome job out there don't they. Some of the best trail in macomb, except maybe for that trail over by the Clinton River Park, forget the Trail name, THAT'S a nice piece of trail when it's not underwater. They do a he!! of a job out there don't they, who ever they are :wink:. As far as stoney is concerned that's just stoney in midsummer form.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby c0nsumer » August 12th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Thanks, Paul. :) And nice job out there at CRPT. I just hope it dries soon. Yay weird summer!

For what it's worth, the remaining downed tree at River Bends was removed this evening. All trails are clear, but the seasonal loop is still a bit marshy and should probably be avoided.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby 2slo2endo » August 14th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Yeah, that Clinton River Park trail is nice, sometimes I might need a Kayak though?
2slo2endo

Postby c0nsumer » August 14th, 2011, 3:35 pm

2slo2endo wrote:Yeah, that Clinton River Park trail is nice, sometimes I might need a Kayak though?

...same with the Seasonal Loops, but that's why they are a separate segment.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » August 15th, 2011, 9:31 pm

The regular (yellow) loop is in tip-top shape and dry. The seasonal (blue) loop is wet at the beginning and should probably continue to be avoided.

Today I also received approval from the Shelby Township Parks, Recreation, and Maintenance department to go ahead with some new trail development. This will likely take place during the fall, and will continue the single track from it's current end into the middle area between the asphalt and the two track, winding around, and heading north. This will make most of the return to the trail head possible on single track. Save for a nice mound part-way in this terrain is relatively flat and mixed between field and woods and should make for some nice, fast, flowing, twisty single track similar to the new entrance trail.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby dinov » August 15th, 2011, 11:00 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
2013 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
dinov

Postby jer091 » August 16th, 2011, 6:35 am

c0nsumer wrote:Today I also received approval from the Shelby Township Parks, Recreation, and Maintenance department to go ahead with some new trail development. This will likely take place during the fall, and will continue the single track from it's current end into the middle area between the asphalt and the two track, winding around, and heading north. This will make most of the return to the trail head possible on single track. Save for a nice mound part-way in this terrain is relatively flat and mixed between field and woods and should make for some nice, fast, flowing, twisty single track similar to the new entrance trail.

+1
jer091

Postby Mack » August 16th, 2011, 8:01 am

As my Aussie friends say "good on ya mate ."
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby pharus » August 16th, 2011, 9:47 am

That will be great. I will make every effor to help out with that, and will drag some of my slacker buddies there too.
2013 Niner Jet9 1x10
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

Postby c0nsumer » August 16th, 2011, 9:49 am

pharus wrote:That will be great. I will make every effor to help out with that, and will drag some of my slacker buddies there too.

Excellent! I'll post up here (and the usual places) once it's trail day time.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby Exodus » August 16th, 2011, 11:05 am

Ahhhh, so that was you last week in the orange shirt when I had a flat and was the mosquitos were attempting to murder me in cold blood.

I would definitely help out too if i have the time off. The problem is i usually work weekends when i am assuming most people want to do trail days.
Exodus

Postby c0nsumer » August 16th, 2011, 11:14 am

Exodus wrote:Ahhhh, so that was you last week in the orange shirt when I had a flat and was the mosquitos were attempting to murder me in cold blood.

I would definitely help out too if i have the time off. The problem is i usually work weekends when i am assuming most people want to do trail days.

Oh, yep! That was me... Nice to meet you. I was removing downed trees and giving the area a look to be sure it'd be good for trail.

Trail days usually are weekends since that's the time that most everyone is free. Most of my evening-time work is so last minute it's nearly impossible to invite anyone along; much less schedule a trail day.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby Toy529 » August 16th, 2011, 11:20 am

Awesome . . . .
Toy529

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions