CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » July 10th, 2011, 7:32 am

InTeRnEt_RyAn wrote:Trail was faster today. I did a couple loops with a few new guys this morning about 8-9ish. Skills from newbie to experienced, everyone complimented it. Signs looked great. We stayed off the seasonal due to last time there wasbeing quite a bit of growth. If i' m in town. I might swing by.

RMXByker wrote:Signage looks excellent. Might be setting the example for the other trails in the other. Great to see the MMBA working with another group to assist both. Congrats!!!

Thank you both. I'm really looking forward to the maps being hung in the park, as I think that'll really pull everything together. After that and the trail day it'll be time to start looking at where we might be able to put some new trail... :o
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » July 11th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Trail is in great shape after today's rainstorm. No downed trees, no mud, no standing water. The surface is just a bit damp, which is perfect.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby BK big fish » July 12th, 2011, 5:57 am

I think the new signs are working! as I have not come across anyone going the wrong way! Great job Steve!
BK big fish

Postby Roy » July 12th, 2011, 6:47 am

Can you see them at Night?
Roy

Postby c0nsumer » July 12th, 2011, 7:10 am

Roy wrote:Can you see them at Night?

Yep. I confirmed this last night.

They are the same yellow as before, and the green sign with white lettering is also very visible, as are blue with white. They are not reflective so they don't stick out, but they are definitely visible at night.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby Exodus » July 12th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Unfortunately I have to work the day of the trail day :(

I did however just do my first night ride ever just now. I somehow avoided being serial axe murdered, and also the first set of glowing eyes is the creepiest.
Exodus

Postby utabintarbo » July 13th, 2011, 6:24 am

Exodus wrote:Unfortunately I have to work the day of the trail day :(

I did however just do my first night ride ever just now. I somehow avoided being serial axe murdered, and also the first set of glowing eyes is the creepiest.

Please have the courtesy to inform the serial ax murderers of your presence. They have jobs too, y'know! :shock:

:lol:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby c0nsumer » July 16th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Thanks to a bunch of hard work (27.5 man hours) today the Seasonal Loops are completely ridable. There's still a couple hundred feet that need trimming and some downed trees on the furthest south loop, but it's all passable. Just watch out for the downed trees on the uphill climbing back up from the floodplane.

Today Scott, Aaron, Jeremy, Mark, and myself met up and set out trimming. Save for a small segment under the power lines the whole route has a wide path trimmed through the brush, and an obvious tread area; exactly as it should be. This segment of trail has dried sufficiently for riding, and there's even a good/run path over the drain pipe. The untrimmed stuff will be tackled soon

I was also able to get out there this evening and finish signing the Seasonal Loops with the new blue signs, including Wrong Way signs. I feel that these signs are well placed, but if you have any concerns that they aren't quite sufficient let me know in detail what you dislike and I'll see how things can be adjusted.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » July 17th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Jeremy (jer091) and I headed out to River Bends for a couple hours this morning and finished up the trail trimming. There's still a couple downed trees (notification has been sent to the park about these so that they can be cut out), but the entire trail is now ridable and very nice.

Get out there and enjoy!
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Metro North: River Bends

Postby Week End Redneck » July 17th, 2011, 9:01 pm

Road the trail today for the first time! I was impressed with how well you guys were able to make such a nice flowing enjoyable trail. We were a little confused at first on the right directions but being it was are first ride there I wasn't shocked. Can't wait for the next ride! Great job Steve! Signs made it a lot easier.
Week End Redneck

Postby c0nsumer » July 17th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Week End Redneck wrote:Road the trail today for the first time! I was impressed with how well you guys were able to make such a nice flowing enjoyable trail. We were a little confused at first on the right directions but being it was are first ride there I wasn't shocked. Can't wait for the next ride! Great job Steve! Signs made it a lot easier.

Thank you. :) Once there's a map up on the kiosk I think it'll help even more.

What time were you there? Two of us were out working on the trails today and saw quite a few people riding past.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Metro North: River Bends

Postby Week End Redneck » July 17th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Around 11:00am. We were the ones who forgot our helmets in the other car and asked you if we were going in the right direction. Lost my buddies girlfriend not far before that as well. She found us a few minutes later. Lol.
Week End Redneck

Postby c0nsumer » July 17th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Week End Redneck wrote:Around 11:00am. We were the ones who forgot our helmets in the other car and asked you if we were going in the right direction. Lost my buddies girlfriend not far before that as well. She found us a few minutes later. Lol.

Ah, nice! Good to meet you then. It was brutally hot out there, but thankfully we got it all sorted out and the trail's going to be clear through autumn now.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby canuck7783 » July 18th, 2011, 9:47 am

If it doesn't rain today i should be out there tonight to try out the trails. I'm really excited to see how all the hard work we did turned out.

Aaron.
canuck7783

Postby dinov » July 18th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Rode the trail Sunday morning , great work out there, also rode the seasonal loop great work on that too.I did encounter to riders that had been going the wrong way , quickly pointed out the the directional signs on the trees those are pretty awesome. I was on the seasonal loop and found out I had gone the wrong also keep up the great work hope to help out the next trail day had to work the last one.
2013 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
dinov

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions