CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby INEVTBL » September 29th, 2013, 4:48 pm

The River Bends map has been updated. The latest version can be found here: http://mmba.org/library/maps/riverbends/latest.pdf

Am I missing something this map does not look any different ??? :icon_scratch: :)
2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro... 2013 Trek X/Caliber
2013 Salsa Mukluk 2..................1985 Haro Master Chrome/Flo-Green/White
2013 Trek Superfly AL Elite.........1987 Redline RL 20II California Red
INEVTBL

Postby c0nsumer » September 29th, 2013, 5:37 pm

INEVTBL wrote:
The River Bends map has been updated. The latest version can be found here: http://mmba.org/library/maps/riverbends/latest.pdf

Am I missing something this map does not look any different ??? :icon_scratch: :)

You must be missing something, or you somehow have an old / very cached copy. There are additional markers, the key area is different, some of the trail segments have had their highlighting changed...
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby INEVTBL » September 29th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Strange in Chrome the link takes me to the old map and IE takes me to the new map ????
2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro... 2013 Trek X/Caliber
2013 Salsa Mukluk 2..................1985 Haro Master Chrome/Flo-Green/White
2013 Trek Superfly AL Elite.........1987 Redline RL 20II California Red
INEVTBL

Postby c0nsumer » September 29th, 2013, 7:05 pm

INEVTBL wrote:Strange in Chrome the link takes me to the old map and IE takes me to the new map ????

It's caching it for some reason. It shouldn't be as the date/time stamp for the file is updated and the server is sending a Last-Modified of earlier today:

Code: Select all
quicksilver:~ c0nsumer$ curl -I http://mmba.org/library/maps/riverbends/latest.pdf
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 00:04:40 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.24 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1e mod_fastcgi/2.4.6
Last-Modified: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:16:20 GMT
ETag: "565e-2a671-4e78b6488cd00"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 173681
Content-Type: application/pdf

quicksilver:~ c0nsumer$
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby 2slo2endo » October 2nd, 2013, 10:10 am

Clear your history?
By the way the Rbends tuesday night group ride was VERY FUN!
2slo2endo

Postby jer091 » October 3rd, 2013, 1:55 pm

About 3 yards of dirt moved today. Watch out for loose gravel till it rains/gets packed in, mostly leading up to "nessie".

Both ridable dead fall on the ridge trail has been removed also.

Go ride and enjoy!
jer091

Postby jer091 » October 4th, 2013, 9:29 am

Shelby trail project presses on despite lost federal funding:

http://www.candgnews.com/news/shelby-trail-project-presses-despite-lost-federal-funding

Just not with what most of us were hoping for.

Instead of constructing trails from Utica to Stony Creek through River Bends, Holland Ponds, Chief Gene Shepherd Park and the Macomb Orchard Trail as originally planned, Shelby officials now plan to forge trails from River Bends to the Macomb Orchard Trail, and from the Macomb Orchard Trail to Chief Gene Shepherd Park, as well as connect the Yates Trail to Chief Gene Shepherd Park.

So as of right now, now, no paved trail from Utica to the south end of River Bends :x

We will be looking at making improvements to the south end of the blue loop late fall/early spring.
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » October 4th, 2013, 9:36 am

jer091 wrote:Shelby trail project presses on despite lost federal funding:

http://www.candgnews.com/news/shelby-trail-project-presses-despite-lost-federal-funding

Instead of constructing trails from Utica to Stony Creek through River Bends, Holland Ponds, Chief Gene Shepherd Park and the Macomb Orchard Trail as originally planned, Shelby officials now plan to forge trails from River Bends to the Macomb Orchard Trail, and from the Macomb Orchard Trail to Chief Gene Shepherd Park, as well as connect the Yates Trail to Chief Gene Shepherd Park.

So as of right now, now, no paved trail from Utica to the south end of River Bends :x

We will be looking at making improvements to the south end of the blue loop late fall/early spring.

I wonder if we can secure permission to trim/fix the potholes in the route between RB and Chopton. It'd at least help MTB and running folks who already use the route...
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Roy » October 5th, 2013, 7:10 am

Steve,
I think you have the start of a good idea.
Once usage is established the RR crossing issue will diminish.

Roy
Roy

Postby c0nsumer » October 5th, 2013, 7:30 am

Roy wrote:Steve,
I think you have the start of a good idea.
Once usage is established the RR crossing issue will diminish.

Roy

It's all City of Utica property...
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jalopy jockey » October 9th, 2013, 8:16 pm

jer091 wrote:Shelby trail project presses on despite lost federal funding:

I for one find this to be phenomenal news. Connecting river bend to the MOT is much more important to me than riverbends to crp. Aside from the one dismount it is an easy and safe ride already.

I'd love see both but if I had to choose one this is it.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby madmike23 » October 11th, 2013, 8:35 am

Went for a night ride at Riverbends last night. Trail was in great shape. Lots of leaves down already. Some corners were a little slippery, but nothing to worry about. The new return section was a little mushy but not enough to pizza cut.
madmike23

Postby ilikenature » October 12th, 2013, 6:44 pm

I swear every time I ride river bends I end up going a different way and I have no idea how. Followed blue signs and ended up on a 0.5 mile scenic railroad adventure. That was fun. What did I do wrong with the blue trail?

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

Postby jer091 » October 12th, 2013, 6:47 pm

ilikenature wrote:I swear every time I ride river bends I end up going a different way and I have no idea how. Followed blue signs and ended up on a 0.5 mile scenic railroad adventure. That was fun. What did I do wrong with the blue trail?

Let me know the next time your plan on riding. I'll be happy to show you the proper route.
jer091

Postby ilikenature » October 12th, 2013, 7:09 pm

jer091 wrote:
ilikenature wrote:I swear every time I ride river bends I end up going a different way and I have no idea how. Followed blue signs and ended up on a 0.5 mile scenic railroad adventure. That was fun. What did I do wrong with the blue trail?

Let me know the next time your plan on riding. I'll be happy to show you the proper route.

I will probably take you up on that. Thanks.
Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments