CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: River Bends

Postby E-Man » July 6th, 2010, 10:37 pm

I rode some of that old singletrack. Nothing really exciting about it just straight and overgrown. I think the best bet is to take a left after you exit the newly cut trail and loop back to the trail via the double track or the longer route is to take a right after exiting the new singletrack and ride it until it loops back into the paved trail - then take the paved trail back to the short bit of double track that turns into the new singletrack.
E-Man

Postby Toy529 » July 8th, 2010, 9:02 am

I rode it last night, the trail has got faster than the last time I rode it. Just like everywhere else it could use some rain. I can not wait to see if/what the next phase will be. Like E-man posted before the blind corners are a little dangerous
Toy529

Postby onlycrimson » July 8th, 2010, 3:38 pm

I rode the new track today. I think we should berm a couple corners and maybe take out a couple saplings that hit your shoulders. Otherwise it was in good shape, but needed some water because it was super dusty. I think I rode it 6 times and also rose the two track and old single track. The old single track is actually pretty good, hopefully we can tie it all together eventually. I made a video as well. Excuse the quality, I'm trying to find a program that can actually render HD for cheap.

http://www.vimeo.com/13182860
onlycrimson

Postby c0nsumer » July 8th, 2010, 9:58 pm

onlycrimson wrote:I rode the new track today. I think we should berm a couple corners and maybe take out a couple saplings that hit your shoulders. Otherwise it was in good shape, but needed some water because it was super dusty. I think I rode it 6 times and also rose the two track and old single track. The old single track is actually pretty good, hopefully we can tie it all together eventually. I made a video as well. Excuse the quality, I'm trying to find a program that can actually render HD for cheap.

http://www.vimeo.com/13182860

Thanks for putting that together. It's really great to see how it's coming along. (I haven't been able to get out there since last Friday.)

The one tree that's marked CUT will be removed, it's just taking a little longer than anticipated. It should be sorted out soon, though.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Toy529 » July 9th, 2010, 11:14 am

That tree that needs to be cut and the saplings are no big deal . . just keeps you on your toes
Toy529

Postby c0nsumer » July 10th, 2010, 9:19 pm

The one remaining deadfall tree that wasn't removed the day the trail was built is now cleared, so it's completely rideable end to end. I'm really surprised (and pleased) how well it's packing it. It doesn't feel like a month old trail at all.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby PK » July 11th, 2010, 10:05 am

On today's ride, Mark and I grabbed the logs we asked to be be cut up for us and started the log climb at the end of the trail.
It's rideable, but needs quite few more logs to make a challenge....(Next trail day!)

Tacky fast today...

Pete.
PK

Postby jcrazyjj » July 11th, 2010, 10:11 am

all this talk about how nice this trail is recently, really makes me wish my appendix didn't burst when it decided to. I really feel like going out and riding.
jcrazyjj

Postby utabintarbo » July 11th, 2010, 12:41 pm

jcrazyjj wrote:all this talk about how nice this trail is recently, really makes me wish my appendix didn't burst when it decided to. I really feel like going out and riding.

Take it easy. It'll be there (and likely better) when you heal up. :icon_thumleft:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby c0nsumer » July 11th, 2010, 5:39 pm

PK wrote:On today's ride, Mark and I grabbed the logs we asked to be be cut up for us and started the log climb at the end of the trail.
It's rideable, but needs quite few more logs to make a challenge....(Next trail day!)

Tacky fast today...

Pete.

Ah, thanks. I was going to head out there this evening and do that. Are they all placed, or is some more digging needed? I was going to place them last night, but it looked like your troughs had filled in a little and needed to be re-dug.

(By the way, there's a few quite appropriate logs further back on the trail. Might be a fair bit of effort for us to shoulder them all the way over, though.)
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby PK » July 11th, 2010, 5:49 pm

As far as the log pile goes, if we had a shovel it would be better, but it's good to go as-is.
Pete.
PK

Postby c0nsumer » July 11th, 2010, 5:54 pm

PK wrote:As far as the log pile goes, if we had a shovel it would be better, but it's good to go as-is.
Pete.

Excellent, thanks then. :) I won't bring a shovel next time I'm there then.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby fizgig » July 11th, 2010, 8:44 pm

I went and checked this out today, weather.com said 10% chance of rain so I took a chance and got caught in a total downpour. The rain I could handle but my stock bontrager 29er tires packed with mud and might as well have been slicks out there, felt like riding on slanty ice and I bailed after 2 laps. Met a fellow MMBAer out there (knick) and had a good time while it lasted, the trail is a great start, couldn't get much speed but it sure challenges your handling.
aka Whitey
fizgig

Postby c0nsumer » July 11th, 2010, 8:51 pm

fizgig wrote:I went and checked this out today, weather.com said 10% chance of rain so I took a chance and got caught in a total downpour. The rain I could handle but my stock bontrager 29er tires packed with mud and might as well have been slicks out there, felt like riding on slanty ice and I bailed after 2 laps. Met a fellow MMBAer out there (knick) and had a good time while it lasted, the trail is a great start, couldn't get much speed but it sure challenges your handling.

Glad to hear you liked it. Because it's freshly exposed clay it does seem to get mighty slick quite quickly, but it also dries and packs nice and hard. Give it a go when it's been dry for a few days and you'll find parts like pavement already.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby pharus » July 11th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Trying to do a little trimming on the old straight single track, I learned two things:
    A machete doesn't work nearly as well as I thought it would
    Only a fool goes in there without dousing himself with OFF first.
2013 Niner Jet9 1x10
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions